A New Beginning (Weight Loss)

I didn’t realise we had a Steps fan in our midst.

Old enough to remember when they were new :wink:

2 Likes

Another 2 weeks have passed. i’m making unbelievable progress losing another 5.7 kg in the last 2 weeks. This seems like a lot in 2 weeks, so i’m going to keep everything the same for another 2 weeks and see if the weight loss levels out at 1-2 kg per week.

I am now cycling 6 days a week just after i wake up for 20-30 mins doing HIT workouts and have mostly managed to stick to between 1400 and 1600 kcals a day. Here’s for another strong 2 weeks to come and thanks everyone for your support :slight_smile:

2 weeks ago:

Today:
Weight: 121.9kg (19st 2lb)
BMI: 32.7
Body Fat: 29.2%

8 Likes

That’s fantastic progress. Well done, Matt :+1:

1 Like

Thanks, soon ill have to change my name to not so blobby matt :smiley:

3 Likes

Well done Matt. You are going to smash it. As the days get colder do you add some warm food. I cant take a cold shake out the fridge in the mornings as I want something warm and comforting. I have to now make my shakes with room temperature water. I think you said you use RTD’S so dont know how that goes. :bowl_with_spoon::tea:

1 Like

Thanks, I have Huel H&S or konjac rice stir frys when I want something warm, but I prefer Huel RTD strait from the fridge. Currently I have Fuel 10k Granola most morning with a cup of black coffee.

1 Like

This is great to read, good for you. My initially strong results tapered at the same rate as my enthusiasm for reporting it, but encouraging news here despite serious setbacks.

Keep going!

2 Likes

Amazing stuff! I am having a hard time eating below 2k calories even sedentary. How do you find shake huel every meal? For me it seems like the only solution for reasonable weight loss.

1 Like

I dont have huel for breakfest and instead have Fuel 10k granola. I also dont get hungry much during the day, so the huel is all I need. The evenings are when I find it hard. To cope with this I’ve set aside 200 kcal for other foods, which often ends up being salad or soup along side my huel. I find that once I stick to a diet for about 2 weeks things get a lot easier.

2 Likes

Got it down to my basal rate today which was bareable. Found exercise a bit more taxing than usual but I’ll keep at it until week 2 and see. Started eating healthy snacks twice a day to increase calories. Going to add tofu and mushrooms and a few vegetables to my hot at savoury curry to help bulk things up for me!

1 Like

Another 2 weeks have passed and i’ve made a little progress losing 0.9kg in the last 2 weeks. My total weight loss so far is 7.7kg in 8 weeks.

My weight loss in the last 2 weeks is less then i would have hoped, due mainly to halloween where every year my family have a buffet and watch movies all day. After halloween i had put on 2.6kg in one day. Probably wasn’t the best idea, but it sure was a lovely day.

My current goal is to get down to 115 kg before christmas, meaning i aim to lose 1kg a week for the next 6 weeks.

2 weeks ago:

Today:
Weight: 121kg (19st 0.75lb)
BMI: 32.5
Body Fat: 28.8%

Thanks everyone for there support and advice so far :smiley:

5 Likes

Well, i had forgotten about this blog until today :stuck_out_tongue:

Needless to say i fell off the band wagon shortly after my last post was made. As such i gained weight over christmas peaking at 136kg on January 1st. Since then i have stuck to a strict 1500kcal diet and done a 16:8 intermittent fasting cycle. As such i’ve dropped back down to 123.3 kg.

Today:
Weight: 123.3kg (19 stone and 5.83 lb)
BMI: 33.1
Body Fat:29.9%

From February 1st i’m going 100% huel for a month. i will have 3, 400 kcal shakes and 1 huel bar each day while continuing my intermittent fasting. Im finding it hard with lockdown where the only opportunity to leave the house is going to the supermarket and therefore the temptation to buy snacks hits hard. Therefore i feel by only having huel i can remove the temptation imposed by supermarkets and unnecessary outings along the way.

Hopefully i’ll keep up this updated from now on and hit my goal of 100kg by July 2021.

3 Likes

Its always a process and you’ll generally find you go up and down a little based on what’s going on with your life. Good work for getting back to it.

I hear what you say about shopping, as I’m “extremely vulnerable” I get a shopping delivery guaranteed every other week which is fortunate as otherwise I’d just use the local shop which is (in)conveniently situation just across the street from one of the best pasty shops around! Argh temptation, get thee behind me chicken and vegetable pasty! :joy:

1 Like

Another week has passed and im another 1.5kg down, slow but steady progress.

Today i start my 100% huel diet going from 2 bottles of huel a day to 3 and a huel bar, which i will try for a month and see how i get on. Hopefully i will continue to make progress but im getting ever closer to my 100kg target.

Last Week:

Today:
Weight: 121.8kg (19 stone and 2.52 lb)
BMI: 32.7
Body Fat: 29.3%

Another week down and 0.7kg lighter.

The adaption to a huel only diet now means i get hungry in the morning where i didn’t before, as such yesterday i upped my calories with a 108 kcal protein shake.

I’m trying to exercise more and last weekend i completed 90 miles on my exercise bike virtually following the hadrian’s wall path. I felt good by the achievement but it showed i still have a long way to go. I found the challenge a more manageable way of keeping to my fitness goal, but i feel i should work up to the long distances as i still ache from the weekend. As such i’ve decided that between
tomorrow and the 26th february I will virtually ride The Ring of Kerry (124 miles/200km) breaking it up into a manageable 7-8 miles a day (11 - 13 km).

Last Week:

Today:
Weight: 121.1kg (19 stone and 0.97 lb)
BMI: 32.5
Body Fat: 28.9%

3 Likes

Another week has passed and another 1.4kg (3.5lb) down. Which, to be honest, i am very happy with considering the 3 course meal and bottle of wine on valentines day.

I am now 7 days and 46 miles (74km) into my virtual Ring of Kerry ride. As such im still hoping to complete (124 miles) on or before the 26th february, sticking to my fitness goal.

The issue where i was feeling hungry in the morning has mostly gone, although i needed to continue to have the extra protein shake each day.

Last Week:

Today:
Weight 119.7kg (18 stones and 11.9 lb)
BMI: 32.1
Body Fat: 28.4%

2 Likes

amazing progress!
A side Q if I may: How are you measuing your body fat? I would love to track that too but want something which is close to accurate.

I have a set of scales which does bio impedance analysis at the same time as i weigh myself. There are many scales like it on amazon and most cost under £30.

I don’t know how accurate the scales are but i have found that the results are broadly similar to the below calculator. Which has been shown to be highly accurate.

https://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

I hope that helps.

This sounds like a brilliant challenge and a great way to keep active every day. How have the last 7 days been? Are you feeling fitter? I find with cardio it takes much less time to notice a different in performance/fitness. Hope you’re feeling good! Keep it up, can’t wait to hear the result!