Actual benefits of huel?

You keep mentioning my diet as great and superb. My diet is irrelevant. I dont expect an answer from huel specific to myself and my diet, as that would be impossible

Im asking if a person makes healthy choices, fruits vegetables some grains and meats, no junk food like chocolate or icecream etc, will huel be any healthier ?

The vibe im getting seems to be an overwhelming no tbh

You also mention my diet again and say you question how good it is if i need a multi vitamin. As if i could possibly construct a diet where i get every single vitamin needed on a daily basis, thats just silly. Everyone should be taking a multivitamin no matter what their diet.

Lets not forget huel is lacking in loads of vitamins and minerals too, but …they add in the multivitamin and boom now its complete. Just like me eating good food choices and adding in a multivitamin

That study you linked is a joke tbh. I think you have read it but just knew it was garbage

It is basically huel vs the worlds worst diet

The guys daily eating consists of, chocolate, twiglets, fizzy drinks, white bread, takeaway curries, alcohol and occasional weekend binges LOL

Its literally 0 nutrition. So that right away renders things irrelevant

His health results at the end of the 30days of huel were “slightly improved” and “marginally better”

Im pretty certain if you just gave him actual real food which has actual nutrition he would have had the same results or better

So that study pretty much confirms my latest thoughts.

Huel has no actual health benefits over eating a diet with good food choices

1 Like

So you started eating something for health reasons without checking the ingredients? And we are the sheep.

Couldn’t make it up…

5 Likes

I’m done. I thought you were genuine but it seems you’re more wriggly than an MP defending his expense account.
If it’s not for you move on. As I am doing with this thread.
Enjoy your weekend.

1 Like

Oh, my fluffly little white friend is back

Hi

Of course i knew the ingredients. Looking at some food in bowls isnt going to make me buy something. The hype on the forum made me buy it. People saying how great they felt and this and that people saying its perfect nutrition blah de blah or baaaa de baaaaaa if you prefer

So i bought it and started using it, and at first yeah i had the placebo effect and thought wow i feel great. Then once that worn off i realised i actually dont feel any different

Thats when i realised, its actually just oats rice and seeds. My earlier example of someone serving you up a meal of oats rice and seeds and a multi vitamin. You wouldnt think wow perfect nutrition this is amazing. But because of the hype on here and how its sold i did believe that at first

I do believe these things are fads and eventually people get bored and just stop using them

Unless of course i actually get an answer to the question in my topic from a huel rep

Any proof that huel is actually healthier

1 Like

Youre in the loved up honeymoon stage

You may stay there longer due to remembering this topic and being stubborn

But you will get out of the stage at some point and realise what im saying is perfectly sensible

Just eat normal food, not junk and take a multivitamin in the morning and you have the exact same effects…

You will see it one day

1 Like

You saw the ingredients, and then months later ‘realised’ what it is?

Some people amaze me.

2 Likes

Of course your diet is relevant if you are asking if it will improve your health. However, you are correct in saying that if someone already eats a healthy diet (one which wouldn’t require a multivitamin I hasten to add), Huel would not bring benefits other than convenience and possibly cost - which is exactly what I said in my first post and many others have responded to you as well.

I mean clearly billions of people do manage to get a diet where they get everything they need without a multivitamin otherwise the human race would have gone extinct many millenia ago. Multivitamins are actually associated with an increased mortality risk, so your statement that everyone should take one regardless of diet is false.

They don’t add a multivitamin in, they add a custom micronutrient mix designed to make up for the shortcomings, in forms that are better absorbed than multivitamins - again something I’ve already explained.

I honestly haven’t read it - if I had and knew it was bad, why would I not say so? I don’t buy Huel products, and I have no loyalty to them. If I thought the study was bad I would have come out and said so.

The problem with nutrition is 30 days isn’t really long enough to see noticeable changes. Give him, as you call it, ‘real food’ and you’d see no more changes than you do with Huel. Deficiencies and problems take time to go away, just as they take time to manifest.

Well of course Huel doesn’t have any benefits over a diet with good food choices… you know what Huel contains - it contains some healthy choices and micronutrients with a little flavouring in powdered form. Your assumption it is a super fuel is based on nothing more than lack of research before making your decision, a fact that is your sole responsibility. The benefit over good food choices is the time, the convenience and the cost. You can’t really improve on the health benefits of a diet that already provides optimal health, as a diet with good food choices would. I really don’t know what you were expecting. Try taking 150mg of CoQ10 and 20000mcg of biotin and go for a run, that’ll feel like a super fuel briefly.

5 Likes

There we have it then

Huel is no healthier than eating normal food

People use it for convenience aka they are too lazy

What a disappointment

I guarantee im not the only one on here who assumed huel was way healthier than just eating normal non junk food

1 Like

Or… you know… so busy they don’t have time to prepare food, relative to whom you are the lazy one.

It’s cheaper and quicker than preparing your own food, it’s generally more balanced (but deficiencies are reasonably rare in the developed world so it is less noticeable). Huel also has MCTs which can make you feel more energetic than most other foods.

Be disappointed if you wish, no one here really cares that you let yourself believe in a mythical super fuel.

6 Likes

So your diet is probably the main thing which affects your health

Yet people are “too busy” for this

Never heard such stupidity in my life, its laziness, there are 24 hours in a day that is plenty of time to sort your food out, no ifs ands or buts

Food is also one of lifes main pleasures, and ive been depriving myself of it, drinking this gloop instead assuming im being super healthy when its actually making 0 difference

Yeah i am disappointed, more fool me eh

1 Like

Yes totally more fool you.

Looks like Huel isn’t for you. Like other things, such as politeness.

Time to unsub from this thread.

1 Like

When you have to work 14-16 hours a day at minimum wage to support a family, try taking the same attitude. Clearly you don’t know much about the real world if you honestly believe no one could possibly ever be in a position in which they don’t have time to cook three or more nutritious meals per day. But hey, you know what? Even if it is laziness, it doesn’t even matter. Stop criticising others for you messing up and not reading an ingredients list and using some sort of critical thinking. Maybe you shouldn’t have been so lazy you didn’t research if a so-called ‘super fuel’ could actually exist. And yet you comment about stupidity.

You have been ‘depriving’ yourself, as you call it, for your own reasons, and based upon your own stupidity. Take some actual responsibility for your own choices and realise that no one here misled you - people commented that they personally felt way healthier as a result of Huel. No one ever said “I was on a perfect diet before but Huel still made me healthier”. You inferred that from inadequate research, plain and simple.

5 Likes

No one is working 14 to 16 hours a day 7 days a week for minimum wage lol thanks for your ridiculous example though

The topic has served it purpose, and i feel it should be stickied so everyone can read it

The message in here is clear

Huel is no better than a regular healthy diet, except you can make it quicker

Doesn’t have to be every day, what about the days they are? What if they’d rather spend the weekend spending meaningful time with their family instead of preparing three nutritious meals in the kitchen. This, yet again, displays you have no idea about the real world.

A sticky would suggest the average person wouldn’t realise the pretty alarmingly clear fact that Huel isn’t some mysterious nectar of the gods. If you’d thought about this for more than a couple of seconds (as you definitely should have bearing in mind you’ve incorporated it into your nutrition which you yourself said is the most important thing for health), you’d have realised there’s a limit to what it can do. You’ve demonstrated an amazing lack of critical thinking and analysis that other people don’t possess, and as such they wouldn’t need this thread to be stickied.

4 Likes

Are you still going on about this fictional scenario you have created lol

You clearly have never heard of meal prep, its not hard to make an entire weeks food in a few hours. Anyone who is into fitness knows this, you dont,… says a lot

As i have already said, huel is touted as some super healthy perfect nutrition product, its easy to take that the wrong way and assume that its better than just eating normal non junk food

If everyone was fully aware that it was not any better atall than normal non junk food, then im pretty sure lots of people wouldnt bother, except of course that poor man working 14 to 16 hour days on minimum wage LOL he needs his huel right ? gotta get that family time in which taking the magical huel will allow him

Poor guy

Correct!

Huel is nutritionally sound (relatively) but more than anything it is convenient.

I don’t use Huel for any reason other than convenience. Breakfast, post gym and the rest of my meals are perfect.

If people were eating total garbage 100% of the time then Huel would be perfect for them but if a person has the time and inclination to eat good healthy food then Huel can not compete in any way.

4 Likes

I’ll ignore the ad hominem attack and move on to actually refuting your points. Yes of course meal prep in advance works for most foods. But firstly, the sort of foods you’d need to get all your micros are also the sorts that are likely to spoil if they encounter moisture (which others of those foods themselves contain). And we’re still ignoring entirely the cost attribute. Eating good, healthy foods is generally pretty expensive. Not everyone can afford that after all expenses like rent and bill. Huel is pretty cheap for what it is, so that option is more open to them. Also, this fictional scenario is more common than you’d believe.

No, it isn’t. That is what you inferred from some people who had previously had an unhealthy diet saying they’d experienced health benefits.

Or, you know, anyone who’d rather spend that time on anything else, or who wants to save money, or who doesn’t really enjoy eating and preparing food. Clearly there is a huge number of people who are extremely pleased with their health whilst on Huel, and to call them all lazy is nothing short of ridiculous. I challenge you to construct an equally healthy diet using, as you call it, ‘real food’ for less money.

4 Likes

And make it vegan at that!

5 Likes

The problem with a “regular healthy diet” is it can be difficult to know for sure what levels of macro and micro nutrients you are getting from your food. Many people can think they are eating an extremely healthily but are not getting enough of certain nutrients. This can happen due to oversight and/or the foods not being as nutritious as thought, for example because of depleted soil nutrients due to over farming or food travelling long distances and being stored for a long time. For example, did you know that frozen vegetables can often be more nutritious than “fresh” vegetables?

Do you know what the micro and macro nutrient levels of your last meal were?

Powdered food is really good because dry powder doesn’t go off so easily as fresh food. So that solves a huge problem of waste, which is a terrible problem these days with shops and people throwing a lot of food away.

The reason you are normally advised to eat a varied diet is to try maximise your chances of getting enough of all nutrients. With Huel that’s not a problem because all essential nutients are included, so unless you are allergic or intolerant to one or more of the ingredients it shouldn’t be a problem. But most people don’t have 100% Huel anyway. I use it to replace breakfast, lunch and snacks, then have a normal meal in the evening, and this has worked great for me for well over a year.

But I would like to get @JamesCollier and @Julian to comment on this too.

6 Likes

The voice of reason has spoken :slight_smile: