All in after dabbling

Like a lot of people I read up on Huel first, interested to know if it really could be total food replacement or a gimmick associated with the product. Like lots of others as I’ve gotten into my late 30’s my exercise has declined without me realising, I guess becoming a taxi for my kids activities, and have become more a coach than player nowadays too. It was time to address it.

At first I dabbled with Huel if I’m honest, the novelty factor. I read that people should ease into it and I started with 1 Huel a day and an Evening meal, in reality I was cheating myself as I would fill my face at evening meal time. Then I stopped doing the Huel and just had an evening meal plus evening snacks. It was not working.

I think I have one of those personalities that has to go all in, if their is a clause to exploit I will, so by going all in it’s clear to me what I can and can’t have. I started Monday just gone with the intention of 3 huels a day each with 3 scoops, however, i found that a breakfast Huel about 9.30 am and a busy day I wasn’t hungry or snacking, I was drinking lots of hot water though as well, meaning the hunger started about 5, at which point i had my second. Since Monday I can honestly say I haven’t felt hungry or had any side affect but it is early doors, and I will make an effort to consume 3 a day because two won’t sustain me I’m sure.

I find the vanilla, 3 scoops and coffee powder at under 500, gives me the consistency I like, and I do like it. not too keen on the berry but have two bags left, so I better start.

I also started light ish cardio sessions at the gym to start off, I’m positive now I’m on my third day I can do more. I have an apple a day to crunch on something. That’s the thing I miss, I’m sure I will fail at some point one day shortly, but I hope I stay close to the program. We all like to see a change and when it occurs it drives that desire to carry on, I will post an update next week. I’m 5,10” and 14 st. I want to lose 2st, previous experience tells me the first 1 will come off with dedication to Huel and regilar exercise, 12 stone 8 and below seemed my stop point.

Many thanks to anyone who reads this, not eating proper food has been weird, but as it becomes the norm hopefully I will think about it less.

Best wish to anyone on their personal journey.
eightbadgers

5 Likes

Good luck! Stick with it!

Hi Darren. Don’t set yourself up to fail. You can do this, and more. Go to it man! :+1::grin: