Another Large Middle Aged Guy!

Start (23rd Jan) - 138.1 kg
7 Days ago - 125.7
Now - 124.2 kg

Total loss - 13.9 kg - 30.5 Lb.

I cant believe the constant weight loss, yet rarely feel hungry, have far more energy than pre - Huel and even had a chippy tea on Friday.

I have noticed that I feel fuller sooner now, whether my stomach has adapted and grown smaller, so is fuller quicker, or if its psychological - but when I do eat a normal mean, especially if I indulge in a take away, I cant and dont eat as near as much as previously - my stomach is bursting after a lot less food than previous.

Now buying my frozen fruit from Aldi - they do smoothie medley (Bananas, raspberries, strawberry’s etc) and frozen Cherry’s - absolutely delicious.

4 Likes

7 Days ago - 123.6Kg
Now - 122.5Kg

Total loss - 15.6 kg - 34.3 Lb.

My wife has commented that I dont snore as much and since been on Huel that I dont have an aversion to taking a nap later in the day, something that was quite regular at weekends or early evening.

Also, where previously if lying down on my back, my belly was still quite pronounced, it is much less so now, a lot flatter.

Some of my shirts I bought 2 or 3 years ago for work are fitting again and fitting well, jeans are much looser.

Heading on holiday in a couple of months and looking at my trends, hope to loose another 15kg before then.

5 Likes

Now - 122.1Kg

Total loss - 16.0 kg - 35.2 Lb

Despite having a take out (Chicken Chow Mein) on Saturday night and a serving of cottage pie from Costco last night :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve been using soylent products for a couple of years now and, interestingly, when I got weighed at the clinic this morning, I was 103kg which is the same as it was a year ago. Obviously, I seem to be consuming the same amount of calories as I am expending.

You’re doing great, well done!!!

1 Like

Wait till you head into the other side of that and you start having to buy a new wardrobe because your tent-like clothes no longer fit :sob:

Awesome work!

3 Likes

Find out your BMI: https://tdeecalculator.net/

That tells you how many calories you need to consume to maintain your weight. If you reduce your intake by 500 calories a day, you should lose a pound a week. Huel makes this easy because it’s a balanced diet (which reduces cravings.) Not all soylent-type products are equal in this respect. If you read through the forums here, you will find that many, many people have lost weight on Huel. I’m one of them :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Been working from home all week the last week, so more temptation around eating with the family, so not lost as much as would have hoped.

Now - 121.2Kg

Total loss - 16.9 kg - 37.2 Lb

Still not too shabby I guess - 2lb in 5 days.

Still feeling great although seem to be a bit constipated recently, think that is probably the normal food that my system is quite as used to though.

Onwards and downwards :slight_smile:

4 Likes

well done! I’m sat at home working today…sooo much temptation! trying to keep away from my son’s ‘snack drawer’ in the kitchen :sweat_smile:

Have a glass of water that helps me or make some Huel up :grinning:

1 Like

Now - 120.3 Kg

Total loss - 17.8 kg - 39.2 Lb

On holiday soon, so hoping for another 5Kg or so before then (40 days to do so)

3 Likes

Now - 119.kg

Total loss - 19.1 Kg or 42 Pounds or 3 STONE!!
BMI has also dropped from 39.92 to 34.40

Target for end of May is 115, my chart trend would suggest that I should be between 110 and 115 by then.

I have had some dental pain for a week now so Huel has helped me to continue to consume food, although have had to use a straw for a couple of the meals! Had root canal treatment today so hopefully that will be it sorted.

4 Likes

Another thing,

I am starting to think that been overweight, certainly for me anyway, is due to a bad relationship with food from when I was young.

Always knew that my mother spent an age preparing meals and my dad was often critical of them, nothing was never right. I always enjoyed my mums cooking and so felt to show how much I enjoyed it, I would always eat it all to show my appreciation and then, take anything left on others plates. Similar has happened recently, wife is a good cook so if the kids leave anything, I have been like a hoover.

Yes, food is enjoyable but ultimately, it is just a means of energy so we can do our daily activities, its a necessity, not a hobby.

4 Likes

I have been working from home more this last few weeks and as a result of that, been eating more normal food with the family - so weight loss has been more gain than loss. However, have been a bit more strict the last day or so and appear to be back on track.

Now - 119.kg

Total loss - 19.4 Kg or 42.7 Pounds
BMI 34.31 (Was 39.92)

3 Likes

Well done! That’s a lot of fat!

1 Like

Another weekly update - sorry if I am boring anyone!

Now - 117.9 Kg

Total loss - 20.2 Kg or 44.5 Pounds
BMI 34.08 (Was 39.92)

2.9Kg to lose before June as we go on holiday as 115Kg is my initial goal.

Getting quite proud of my very fragrant farts!

8 Likes

Your not boring anyone mate, your doing good with the weight loss well done :smiley:

1 Like

It’s great real inspiration. You must be very proud. What are the unexpected benefits of losing this weight?

Glad it’s working for you.

Don’t be disheartened as the weight loss slows down. This is perfectly normal. Just keep plugging away at it and you will see a downward trend.

Not boring at all, it’s great to be updated on the progress you’re making, it’s inspiring. :smile: