Another Large Middle Aged Guy!

@Tomo71
Agree with those who said you’re not boring!! This is an incredible journey to follow and really inspirational :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope you have a fantastic holiday and enjoy yourself, and I look forward to keeping up with your progress from here on out.

I’d love to know how much Huel you’re having and how many meals a day? :green_heart:

2 Likes

Hi Podram, sorry for late reply…

Yes, very proud indeed - have tried to lose weight before but struggled, easily gave into temptation but this time, was far to large to keep carrying on.

Unexpected benefits;
Less Tired / more energy
Snore Less
Older clothes now fit / more choice in shops
Better Self confidence
Not out of breath any more for menial tasks
Easier to get in/out of my car (quite low on sports suspension)
Driving position is more comfortable (I drive 600 miles per week)

1 Like

Hi thetambert,

I am on about 80 to 85% Huel - Breakfast and lunch are ALWAYS Huel, generally vanilla with either a banana or with frozen fruit / berries / smoothie mix

Sometimes, Huel with a flavour system - banana or chocolate if I have no fruit left. If I have real fruit I have 100g, if no fruit, 114g generally just as that gives it a thicker consistency.

Evening meal is mainly Huel but if the wife is cooking Salmon, or something that isn’t too fatty, I join in although watch my portion size.

My recommended calorie intake has dropped from around 2300 per day to around 1750 now so has been harder as less snaking is allowed so if I do feel like a snack i do try and keep to satsuma’s / grapes etc.

1 Like

Start (23rd Jan) - 138.1 kg
Now - 117.1 Kg

Total loss - 21 Kg or 46.3 Pounds
BMI 33.85 (Was 39.92)

Temptation to a couple of treats this week unfortunately as been working from home all week, instead of the usual two days so think I should have lost more.

Belt hole is obviously now a couple down to where it was before and now get in some old jeans that are a 40" waist where previous ones were a mix of 42 (loose fit, so quite generous) and 44"

Been sorting through my wardrobe today and can also get in some T-Shirts that are 3XL whereas before was 4 and 5XL - one of the ones that is now too large, both the wife and I can fit in it!

4 Likes

Thank you so much, you’re an inspiration. I’ll keep checking in and hopefully be able to post my story too.

1 Like

Another 1Kg lost in the last 5 days.

Now - 116.1 Kg

Total loss - 22 Kg or 48.5 Pounds
BMI 33.56 (Was 39.92)

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

SMASHING ITTTTTT!!! This is absolutely incredible progress, you are doing brilliantly. :green_heart:

Not updated for a few days as been away on holiday - a 10 night all inclusive in Turkey - had a great time, lots of food and a few slurps were had!

Jumped on the scales this morning and was very suprised to learn that had only gained 2.5kg in weight - expected it to be a whole lot more to be honest - other than going to the hotel gym once and walking around the complex or local town, didnt really do much!

OK, I did try and be more sensible than I normally would on an AI, ate more fruit and salad stuff but did also stuff down kebabs, pizza, cakes and ice cream!

Also had a fry up en-route to and from the airport!

So, stats now are;

Now - 118.1 Kg

Total loss - 20 Kg or 44.09 Pounds
BMI 34.14 (Was 39.92)

My last weigh in before holiday was 115.6kg, didnt quite get to my 115kg target.

3 Likes

Near as damn it though. Well done you! Glad you enjoyed your hol :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Have been back on the Huel since back from holiday and have now lost the weight gained on holiday - very pleased!

Start (23rd Jan) - 138.1 kg BMI 39.92

Now - 115.2 Kg BMI 33.3

Total loss - 22.9Kg or 50.49 Pounds

7 Likes

Not loosing as much now which I expected - I think mentally as I have reached my initial target weight and have been eating some normal food when home at the weekends too.

But, a loss is still a loss, so still happy, especially as now just under the 18stones mark, a weight I have not been for two or three years now.

Now - 113.9 Kg BMI 33.1

Total loss - 24.2Kg or 53.35 Pounds

Only a couple more pounds to get to 4 stone loss!

I would probably have lost more but am eating a few snacks but in a lot more moderation than my previous eating habits.

5 Likes

Progress is still been made but is rather slower than previous - I suppose that is to be expected… I think mentally I am happy with my current weight as feel so much better and so have not been quite as religious on keeping to Huel…… also I guess, will be that as a % of weight, any weight loss will reduce as I get lighter anyway, so not too despondent about it - a loss is still a loss. I have however, remained at 113Kg for a week or so, partly due to eating out and having a family BBQ…….oooops.

Now - 113.0 Kg BMI 32.66

Total loss - 25.1Kg or 55.34 Pounds

1 Like

I have now passed the 4 Stone lost mark, another small milestone so am very happy…

Now - 111.8 Kg BMI 32.32

Total loss - 26.3Kg or 57.98 Pounds

I looked at my facebook memories for this day last year - I was outside pressure washing the drive and house walls - wife took a pic of me and I look massive - rolls of fat around my neck and around my back - as well as wearing a 5XL T-Shirt.

Its amazing how small increases in weight over time don’t really get noticed, you just get used to it. As I think I have said before, a friend of mine had a heart attack who is about the same age and is fitter - granted it can happen to anyone but making my heart work harder just to do the menial things, isn’t going to help. I had also had to take off my wedding ring as it was really really tight and getting uncomfortable - now it glides back off with ease, as it should.

I am now back into clothes sizes that are readily available in stores with the full choice of designs rather than been limited to only shopping for larger sizes with reduced selection - I even bought a pair of 38" waist shorts last week - they are still a little on the tight side so will give it another few weeks before wearing them, but is a great sign as was in 44" back in January.

Onwards & Downwards!

11 Likes

This is fantastic @Tomo71. Really pleased for you :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Not been updating as regular recently but then again, the weight hasnt been dropping as much either - but that is probably expected - the more I lose, the less there is to lose!

So now,

Now - 109.2 Kg BMI 31.77

Total loss - 28.9Kg or 63.71 Pounds (4 1/2 Stone!)

Managed to, for the first time in a long time buy clothes from a ‘normal’ high street store (Next) and not have to order into 4xl 5xl etc - although a slight disappointment in that bought three XXL polo tops which fitted perfectly (2 were even ‘slim fit’) but once washed to their instructions were rather snug afterwards! Very disappointing but to be fair to Next, they exchanged so have bought 3XL knowing that they will shrink down to what XXL is like pre-wash - but its a psychological thing really!!

Also, went shopping for school stuff with my son and again, for the first time in a while, didn’t find myself out of place walking around a sports shop as they did have clothes in there that would fit me - again, would normally have to get them online!

Onwards and Downwards!

3 Likes

Good motto :slight_smile:

Now - 108.7 Kg BMI 31.62

Total loss - 29.4Kg or 64.82 Pounds (4 1/2 Stone + !)

This last few weeks have been difficult - work has been getting busier and that little more stressful so have been nibling on occasion, also not helped with having a couple of family meals out - well, more than a couple actually. Think before when there was so much weight to lose, meals out were not such a problem but the more I lose, the more impact a calorie rich meal has.

I have been down to 108.6kg’s 10 or so days ago but ended up back at 110kg’s - The motivation to lose is harder now, primarily as I know I am at a size & weight that I can always remember been in the last 10 or more years - no longer out of breath, smaller (normal size) clothes etc… So dont actually feel ‘fat’, certainly not mentally.

However, I do know that I need to lose more - I will get there - hope to be sub 100kg at least, preferably by Christmas!

Onward and (slowly) downwards :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It’s all a downward trend so gotta be good. IT’ll be around/over 5 stone in a year…not bad going.