Any suggestions on flavourings?

Drinking unsweetened with baja rub spices at the moment. It’s got a nice kick to it.
I added approx half a teaspoon of each of salt, oregano, cumin, garlic & onion granules, black pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper and xylitol (although coconut sugar is supposed to be nice too). Won’t be a regular addition to my diet though!

Drinking now my breakfast Huel (somewhat more diluted than usual) with 2 Oxo cubes & ~3 teaspoons of sweet chili sauce per ~550ml of shake. I’m amazed at how good it tastes.

3 Likes

After trying a sample of the vanilla I decided to go with un-Huel because I hate the stevia aftertaste, also I wanted to play with savoury flavours.

Frozen fruits are definitely an easy option and help with texture. Have tried various combinations - all good.

I’ve tried the kind of veggie powder you can pick up in health food shops but that was pretty grim!

Dinner tonight was Un-Huel with frozen spinach, fresh ginger, garlic, chilli and lime. This was nice and zingy and I felt more virtuous than adding loads of sugar (even if’s only coming from fruit). Benefitted from sitting in the fridge for a couple of hours.

Already planning carrot, celery, orange and ginger for tomorrow.

Always interested in new savoury flavours so keep them coming!

1 Like

I like some of the flav drop flavours from Myprotein in the vanilla for a change. The peanut butter one goes really well. They are are calorie free, vegan, liquid flavoured sweeteners, although they contain Artificial Flavouring, Sucralose and Colour. Some flavours have stevia.

I use about 5 or 6 drops in a 100g/550ml mix of Huel, so a little bottle goes a long way.

2 Likes

I prefer the unflavoured type, then I can flavour a’s I like. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree; raspberry flavoured is the one <3

1 Like

Vanilla Huel + blueberries is worth a try.

Not very gourmet but my favourite so far is a splash of lime cordial and a tablespoon of cocoa powder in unsweetened huel, although my favourite sweets are chocolate limes…

1 Like

PUMPKIN SPICE (cinnamon, cardamon and nutmeg) - that would be heavenly, and perfect to late summer, autumn and winter.

Pretty please!

Tried Huel with Marmite just now. So far I’m not impressed. Might need some tinkering to get an acceptable flavour. A thicker Huel and additional salt might be needed. Bringing saltiness to the required level with Marmite alone makes the mix bitter (i.e. too much Marmite).
Then there’s the issue of mixing. Marmite is thick and doesn’t readily dissolve in water at room temperature. At this point I’m inclined to think soy sauce might be a better alternative.
However, as with anything taste-related preferences may vary. If you’ve got Marmite in the house anyway - go ahead and try.

let me know what its like please

How about dissolving the marmite in a small amount of fresh boiled water, letting it cool off and adding to the cold water?

1 Like

I’ve tried no added sugar Ribena and it goes really well with vanilla Huel.

Tried 4 of these Jordans Skinny syrups and I’d put them in this order

Salted Dark Chocolate Espresso (my go to when I want to flavour Huel)
Caramel (very sweet)
Coconut (makes a nice change)
Peach (can hardly taste it. Won’t be ordering again)

I’ve also tried adding a muller light to 100g and 400ml and makes a lovely smoothy like consistency. Cherry is my personal favourite out of the ones I’ve tried.

The Huel + Sweet chili stuff? Sure. Very glad with the results, although not enough on its own, still needs something to make it salty. Vegetable Knorr cubes work best for me. One per shaker.

(sorry for the self-quote)

That’s what I ended up doing. That does make it a little less quick & convenient though. Will still try again. Marmite is one of those things that is worth being careful about :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you.

i love the unsweetened unflavoured version, it tastes like oat cookies.

1 Like

Apologies if there’s repetition here but I had some coconut milk in the fridge (not the canned stuff, the dairy milk substitute from the chiller cabinet) and made my Huel with 500ml of coconut milk, 100g (ish) pineapple and half and half vanilla/uu Huel. It was beyond delicious. Also works with mango - gotta love a tropical Huel.

I plan on doing some experimentation with savoury flavours when I get my hands on unsweetened… I’ll start a topic off when I do to post my recipes and experiences

Has anyone tried the smoky bacon flavouring? If so how much do you add?