Any suggestions on flavourings?

OK so tried Smoky bacon flavouring. Maybe I’ve got the amount needed wrong but it is the most disgusting thing I have tasted in a long time. Just tastes of salt to me

@Peter_Murray There’s a smoky bacon flavouring? I don’t see that on the Huel products page.

Not official. Julian mentioned it in a post

http://www.thespiceworks.co.uk/products/smokey-bacon-flavour-seasoning-powder312

“We’re sorry, but the page you’re looking for could not be found.”

Url must have changed

I see.

So is this a bit like drinking smokey bacon flavour crisps?

It smells like smokey bacon crisps but just tastes incredibly salty

You can find it here: http://www.thespiceworks.co.uk/products/smokey-bacon-flavour-seasoning-powder1

There is also this:
http://www.thespiceworks.co.uk/products/smoked-hickory-bbq-spice-blend-rub

I’ve tried a few savoury flavours from different places and don’t like any, which is a shame.

I just added a couple of teaspoons of custard powder to vanilla. It was a subtle change to the taste but seemed a little more silky. I like it!

I’m guessing the cornflour helps.

Ooh, how about adding a shot of rum - a nutritious piña colada!

Added some Hotel Chocolate’s luxury hot chocolate granules to my lunchtime Huel today - very tasty!

Hunzas, how do you know the flavdrops from myprotein are vegan? Only ask as I love the idea but they don’t show up when I go to the ‘all vegan products’ bit.

I love liquorice- that would be a great flavour!

That is weird. I just checked and you are right. When i bought mine they were vegan and they are all labelled vegan on the bottles. The only one that wasnt vegan was strawberry (because of the red colouring i assume). I dont know what has changed. May be worth asking them.

I’ll find out and report back then. :smiley: They seem good with their other stuff so hopefully they haven’t gone backwards with those. Goodness knows their vegan protein needs it. :’)

1 Like

Hey!

New member to the forum, been drinking Huel (Vanilla) twice daily for about 6 weeks now and I love it.

Just today, I added a 10g scoop of cola flavoured BCAAs (bulkpowders) to my shake.

It blew my mind!!! Absolutely delicious!

I have some Peaches & Cream flavoured protein from BP also, might try that some time…

Hi Jace,

Not sure what happened here, but I contacted Myprotein and received an answer that flavdrops are no longer vegetarian…let alone vegan!!!

I will contact them again and see if they can advise why not.

Transcript below:

Hello ,

Thanks for contacting us at Myprotein.

Please do not reply to us at this e-mail address as we will not receive your message. This is an automated response.

For your records, your original query was:

I have an issue with something else.

Issue:
General Enquiries
Customer info:
Please can you advise if the flavdrops are still suitable for vegans…I know the strawberry one never was…but none of them now appear in the vegan search.

Thanks

One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:

Hello John,

Thank you for getting in touch about you interest in one of our items.

Unfortunately, these are not suitable for vegetarians.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Abbie

Myprotein.com Customer Service Team

1 Like

From the 3 I bought last week

Maple - Vegetarian, Vegan, and Gluten free
Vanilla - Vegetarian, Vegan, and Gluten free
Raspberry - Gluten free only :anguished:

MyProtein should probably update the product page to give individual labelling for each flavour. It’s possible the carmine colouring is making it non-vegetarian, so it could be that only the red coloured flavours are non-vegan, but without full labelling the sales of all flavours will be impacted.

I’ve been using frozen fruits with the vanilla flavour, but with a couple of healthy splashes of lemon juice to cut through all the sweetness. If you’ve got an Aldi near you, I recommend their green smoothie frozen mix. It’s kale, lemongrass, mangos, and bananas.

I’ve just got my first UU and I had a go at mixing up a savoury blend for tonight’s dinner. I used half tomato juice/half water for the liquid and added dried garlic, chilli pepper flakes, fresh coriander, and good bit of lime juice. It’s not bad, but I think it would benefit from a bit of avocado to add a bit of creaminess. I used to make savoury smoothies similar flavours and the avocado made it a bit like drinkable guacamole, which was surprisingly yummy.

1 Like

I made a savoury huel yesterday with some spices, wasn’t good.

My top picks:

• Lemon + Nutmeg
  • Honey
  • Mocha Flavour System
  • 1 scoop myprotein flavoured whey protein (not that you need it, its just damn tasty!)
1 Like