Anyone achieved coconut flavour?

Hi there,

I LOVE coconut, but the oat flavour seems to always overpower any attempt I have made to have a coconut flavoured shake.

I havew tried using coconut oil, essence, dessicated and milk yet none of them come close to what I am looking for.

I would love a coconut flavour powder (and oreo ;D ) but until then, has anyone else managed??

When you combine flavours it can be difficult to replicate the original flavour. Have you tried any artificial coconut flavourings? I’ve no idea where you would buy them, but it might work better?

We have a Pineapple and Coconut Flavour Boost, but perhaps that isn’t the vibe you are going for :palm_tree:

1 Like

I use the pineapple and coconut ,with frozen mango and banana ,its super good for breakfast and I can taste the coconut .
I do 300ml rice milk
2 scoops vanilla
I tea so of the flavour boost
Mango to suit
And often a banana

Just replace water with Malibu.

5 Likes

Must. Be. Done!

Also: Huel with Baileys. That’s dinner sorted…!

:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Not tried this but it may work: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nutri-Nick-Coconut-Flavoured-Sugar-Free-Sweetener/dp/B00UAOB2PI/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1525882329&sr=8-1&keywords=coconut+flavour+drops&dpID=41q0Zsj68xL&preST=SY300_QL70&dpSrc=srch

Sorry, not coconut related but… Baileys Huel, I had to try. Oh that was good. :yum:

One shot per scoop added to premixed unflavoured Huel. Thankfully
I’m now full so can’t drink any more!

3 Likes

Vanilla huel just after chewing peppermint gum is surprisingly coconutty :wink:

Interesting - what about make up some peppermint tea, let it cool and then make vanilla huel?

1 Like

Yes good idea. I don’t see any reason why cold brewing the tea wouldn’t work well for that too. Something to try. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a good idea, I met a guy from the southern states once who used to make what he called ‘Sun Tea’, where they just left some Lipton Yellow Label Tea in a jug of water through the day and it just steeped and brewed without hot water. It might take some time though?

Alternatively, hot water and cooling it down for sure. We have a Herbal Tea Hack here if you want to give it a go. Works for all tea!

Yes thinking about it boiling water then letting it cool would be quicker than cold brewing. I’m going to try it this evening.

Certain teas will absolutely go well. I imagine Chai would be wonderful in vanilla.

1 Like