Are Some Hot and Savory Flavors Fruitarian?

What spefic starch is “starch sulfites in Huel Mac and Chee’ze”, and what ingredients do the “Cheese Style Seasoning” and “natural flavors” consist of?

Huel v3.0 and v3.1 powders ingredient lists mentions “tapioca starch” and “tapioca flour” in ingredients, while huel Mac and Chee’ze insant meal just writes “starch (sulfites)”. It also mentions “Cheese Style Seasoning” and “Natural Flavors” without specifying beyond that. This suggests it could be 100% botanical fruitarian, meaning it’s ingredients aren’t derived from plant structures, but rather fruits, seeds, legumes, grains, or lab-made ingredients.

This is the ingredient list mentioned on the Huel website for the Mac and Chee’ze flavor and what categories they relevantly fall under in this context:

• Botanical Fruits: Dried Tomatoes
  • Seeds: Sunflower Oil Powder, Flaxseed Oil Powder, Medium-Chain Triglyceride Powder (from Coconut)
  • Legumes: Pea Protein
  • Grains: Dried Macaroni (Durum Wheat Semolina)
  • Lab-Made Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Citrate, Maltodextrin, Salt, L-Ascorbic Acid, Menaquinone-7, Lutein, Lycopene, Retinyl Acetate, Niacinamide, D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium-D-Pantothenate, Cyanocobalamin, Ergocalciferol, Plant-Derived Cholecalciferol, Zeaxanthin, Potassium Iodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Thiamin Mononitrate, Zinc Oxide, Calcium L-Methylfolate.

I’m not talking about EBF (Ethical Botanical Fruitarian), as I’m sure some of the botanical fruits are probably harvested with harm to the plant structure. For anyone curious, I’m trying to figure this out because I am 100% Huel, 95% of which is v3.1 powder and hot and savory, the last 5% coming from the complete nutrition bar, and I want to determine if I could make myself an example of being strong and having Bryan Johnson level biomarkers while I’m botanically fruitarian when doing vegan activism. This would be a form of controversial activism to depict that one can build muscle and live longer than most on a vegan diet if I can do it on a vegan botanical fruitarian diet.

1 Like

I’m a little confused – I thought fruitarian diets were a form of raw veganism that are commonly between 55-75% made up of raw fruit (with some nuts, seeds and wholegrains.) In that respect, I’m not sure how any of the Huel products fit directly into that description?

1 Like

I meant to mention that I am not raw fruitarian, as they are often the loud minority of fruitarians. Botanical fruitarianism is explained simply here: https://withrespect.net.au/respect-for-life/diet

ℑ 𝔴𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡 𝔞𝔩𝔰𝔬 𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔨𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔰𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔰 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔰𝔢 𝔮𝔲𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰.

1 Like

Unfortunately, we cannot confirm that all ingredients included in the natural flavors are botanical fruitarian. If you had a specific ingredient you wanted to know if it was present in the natural flavors, send us an email and we can touch base with our ingredients team to see if we can get some more information for you!

1 Like