I absolutely love Huel but I’ve been having some serious pains with the website. It’s a nightmare to use, and here’s why.
- Accounts are region bound, but on mobile (or with a screen size lower than 720px width) you can’t see the flag. The number of times I’ve struggled to enter my password and login and tried resetting just to find I’m in the wrong region is crazy. The region the user is currently trying to login to should be communicated better than it is.
- On that, when changing region the box doesn’t work on Safari. The suggested region also appears broken on Chrome and means that you have to scroll down to find your country. If accounts need to be region locked why doesn’t it autosave and autoset the region to the last one that you used?
- When adding something to your next box the default is subscription regardless of what you’re buying. It doesn’t make sense to get a subscription to a shirt or shaker – can this not be changed depending on product type? This wouldn’t be an issue if you could easily remove items from your next delivery box, but…
- When modifying a subscription the change isn’t instantly reflected in your subscription and when trying to edit the incorrect item again it takes you to a blank page with no 404. Why doesn’t the “next delivery” page feature an up to date list of what you’ll receive?
- Why doesn’t the next delivery page have a delete option for any item on there you no longer want?
Sorry to whine! The rest of the website is super clean and nicely designed. I just don’t see why the user experience should plummet as soon as you’re a paying customer. So much care is taken to everything else – why so many shortcuts in programming the checkout?