Chocolate Premixed Huel

Thanks for the link @DunsfordMage no I haven’t. Will have a browse shortly :+1:

Oh, I do hope they don’t :sob:

Ive not heard if it but here in Somerset we have an indie coffee shop called Strangers with coffee.

Me too! :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

Sainsbury’s Original Blend Fairtrade Coffee Beans are really nice and hella inexpensive. I still prefer instant in Huel, but that’s what I drink. I think it’s what used to be Lyons Original, which doesn’t seem to exist anymore.

Thanks @Africorn will have a look. I’ve had Lyons coffee bags in the past and enjoyed, so that sounds promising.

1 Like

Our indie is named after Strangers Hall

I get my beans from Coffee-direct.co.uk
They have a vast selection and the beans are roasted to order so are really fresh. The ones you buy in the supermarket are a few months old (or more). The difference in taste is very noticeable.
They do frequent 10/12/15% discount offers so don’t order without a code! Although I’ve found it pretty good value.

If you have a local independent coffee shop they will buy freshly roasted beans in bulk and often sell you a bag if you ask. You obviously don’t get any choice as it’ll be a standard barista blend, but it’ll be nice enough, and fresh, and probably ethical depending on the shop.

Tried the chocolate premix for the first time today. I used the following mix and found it delicious:

200ml milk
200ml water
1scp Original Huel
1scp Chocolate premix
1 sack of instant coffee

I haven’t tried the Chocolate premix on it’s own with water so that might taste very different. But the above combination is to my liking.

Also this amount fits perfectly in an empty RTD bottle which I’m reusing because I like the design and size is very comfortable for in your bag.

3 Likes

oOf the verdict is in…
I’m in your camp Christina!

I’m honestly so surprised they messed chocolate up of all flavours?? The most classic; especially since imo they got the chocolate flavour system right!
idk while I’m glad it didn’t taste like wheatgrass, it definitely tasted nothing like chocolate. Like a bland original without the lovely smell and taste of vanilla. Ewgh what a waste :sob:

Have added chocolate FS & coffee powder as per your suggestion, let’s see how this one goes!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you don’t like it. I do agree though, it is different to what one might imagine to be chocolate flavoured Huel.

1 Like

So just tried it

Its poor

I use myproteins whole fuel too and their chocolate tastes like a rich dairy milk chocolate and is delicious. Huels “chocolate” tastes of something i cant really describe, its just a dull taste and not one id associate with chocolate

This really needs taking away and revising

1 Like

Adding just instant coffee really works pretty well

1 Like

I just tried adding hazelnut flavour drops. It’s quite nice. But I think I went overboard and it’s a bit too hazelnutty :laughing: I did 10 drops maybe next time I’ll try 5!

Should work with peanut butter?

Just tried that and yes it works! Love it! But I tend to love everything that has peanut butter in it

:open_mouth:

2 Likes

I’m so intrigued, I might open my bag of chocolate premix and give it a try this afternoon. I’m pretty sure I’m gonna be disappointed though. I love(d) mint choc, add(ed) extra coffee to coffee prebend which pretty much defeats the object, and use(d) berry only to make Huel pancakes.

1 Like

A tiny sack of course :joy:

I’m not that hooked on to caffeine :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes