Chocolate v3 - urgh!

V3?
or v2.3?

If i use orange juice for half the liquid it makes it bearable and a bit Terrys. I won’t be ordering chocolate again though.

I guess there are other things you could add to it that naturally go well with chocolate flavours - powdered peanut butter, frozen cherries, shot of espresso, cacao powder or cocoa if you want it a little sweeter, almond or hazelnut milk, banana or salted caramel FB’s, ginger etc etc

1 Like

White 3.0 version

I sometimes wonder if anyone at Huel HQ has ever tasted chocolate. Whatever they are passing off as chocolate flavour definitely isn’t chocolate.

2 Likes

Weird thing is UU plus the old cacao flavour boost made the most awesome intense dark chocolate flavour.
Why not base chocolate Huel on this formula?
Or the old chocolate boost for a milk chocolate.
The new chocolate premixes and new chocolate flavour boosts don’t taste like chocolate at all. Surely chocolate should be the easiest flavour to create?!

I like the chocolate black edition though

Depends on what kind of chocolate you mean - if you mean bitter dark chocolate - yeah probably quite easy - if you mean Cadbury’s Dairy Milk chocolate not so much. The reason cacao FB was dropped was because it didn’t sell well as its taste is no where near as popular as regular milk chocolate. Milk Chocolate tastes great because its full of fat, palm oil, sugar and generally unhealthy crap.

2 Likes

I thought the old milk chocolate fb was pretty good too tho. It did actually taste like milk chocolate. Unlike the new chocolate fb which tastes as evil as berry premix

2 Likes

I’ve been drinking the old chocolate version for ages. V3 however is not good. It’s a huge difference in taste, I’d go as far as to say it’s the same difference as dark chocolate is to milk chocolate. I’m gutted as I loved the old version.

2 Likes

Maybe the Huel black is more to your liking. No artificial sweetners.

2 Likes

I’m planning to give the Black version a try, as soon as I’m done with my 4 packages of v3.

2 Likes

I also still have 6 bags of original, but cant wait to try out black. There is a person in the netherlands that sells huel per 100 gram. Maybe its a nice way to clear the overstock. :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve found if I mix the new chocolate 50/50 with original it’s okay - still that odd plastic aftertaste but not as noxious as before. I’ll be able to get through the bags I have and then just go back to original.

I also loved the v2.3 chocolate and dislike the v3 ‘plastic’ taste. :confused:

3 Likes

Same for me. Chocolate v2.3 has raised the Huel to another level for me (I’m a daily user for several years). It was not simply “ok” (how it usually is with complete foods), but really tasty! Reminded me a dessert, only healthy!
And now it is totally ruined with v3.0. Would love to have Chocolate v2.3 back, I’d buy 10 bags.

2 Likes

It’s still available in the outlet store

https://uk.huel.com/products/huel-23-outlet

Thanks, I didn’t know about that!
I’m not based in the UK, though, but I think I’ll manage this somehow.
Thanks.

EU-stores should have it, too. A bit discrete, though.
In my case it’s a small “Outlet” on the left hand side of the bottom.

Heya, I’m having the same experience as you, I mix my Huel with coconut Alpro milk. If you haven’t ordered the black edition yet, I’d say don’t bother, it has the same artificial plasticy aftertaste. Wish they will bring back the old version, otherwise this will be bye bye Huel from me … :’(

2 Likes

I’m ordering two backs of vanilla black again next week and considering adding a chocolate to the order to give my input, i will say though, has anyone else noticed black huel powder doesnt seem to last as long as white?