Coffee Huel

Just had my second delivery of Huel. After 2x vanilla I decided to go for 1x vanilla and 1x unflavoured. No thanks - sticking with vanilla from now on! Mainly using it for convenience and cost saving for lunches at work. It’s certainly helping my weight loss and I’m VERY happy with progress so far.

However, I do find it quite sweet especially when Huel flavours are added. I read an earlier post about using instant coffee granules so thought I’d give it a go. Standard Huel measurements (3x scoops) to which I added 3 teaspoons of Millicano. Also added a drizzle of syrup from one of those famous High Street coffee places. So far tried gingerbread and hazelnut. Both very, very nice. Toffeenut next time.

Well worth a go and I’ll also be trying other syrups. Didn’t actually measure “drizzle” but wasn’t much more than a teaspoon. I’d be interested to hear any other coffee related flavour concoctions.

2 Likes

Aren’t those things essentially sugar?

1 Like

That’s what’s stopped me using them.

Monin do sugar free versions, others may do as well…

Instant coffee (1 heaped teaspoon per 250ml) with unflavoured huel is a staple for me (someone who takes his coffee black). If you need sweetness, it won’t be for you, but so far it’s the best savoury huel combo I’ve found.

1 Like

Monin yes, also Da Vinci and “Simply Sugar Free” all have a variety of flavored sugar-free syrups. Choco, many other flavors.

My breakfast Huel is

The Sweet Freedom Choc Shot is available at Aldi and I use it a lot to add extra chocolate taste to hot chocolate, choc Huel and on ice cream.

1 Like

Translation?

Re Us/Uf:

Unsweetened & unflavoured.

1 Like

Phew, I thought Cat Stevens had changed his name again

3 Likes

450ml water
60ml shot of Nespresso coffee
100g of Huel (vanilla)

= extra 10 minutes in bed compared to ‘old’ breakfast, and no longer needing to pay-in to the office coffee-club. WIN!

I usually do 500ml of cold water and 2 scoops of instant coffee and then shake it up it in my shaker.

I leave it for a bit (It goes super frothy for some reason)

And then I add 3 scoops of Huel and chill it. It’s really tasty.

2 huel scoops of instant coffee? You must be buzzing all day!

I drink far too much coffee so my tolerance might be an issue, I need it to reach my goals though.

Theres not enough hours in the day for me to both work and train in my chosen sport; so I only get to sleep 5 - 6 hours some nights. Coffee comes in handy to both stay awake during work and have energy to go training after work.

:sunglasses:

I guess it’s a sport that doesn’t require recovery?

Boxing.

I train 4 - 5 nights a week at classes for 1 - 2 hour sessions (Sometimes on a weekend when I’m resting I’ll do some hill sprints or go to the gym if i’m bored), I work 4 days a week 12 hour shifts a day.

Of course more recovery time would be nice but I don’t have the luxury. I use coffee to get around the fatigue I feel.

You should seriously reconsider your rest period. 4h is not enough for a sport as intensive as boxing.

Thank you for the input, but I am fine and it’s not 4 hours.

1 Like

I know this is an old post, but I’ve just found a nice little concoction - Good as a snack rather than a meal.

300ml water
1.5 scoops US/UF
1 heaped teaspoon of Azera instant coffee
2 teaspoons of maple syrup

Very satisfying and tasty…

Coffee snob checking in… I like a big kick in the morning;

140g huel
500ml water
150ml cold brew

(Cold brew is my own 24 hour mix using monsoon malabar)