Could do with some keto Huel :)

http://www.kurzweilai.net/breakthrough-compound-generated-by-low-calorie-diet-blocks-effects-of-aging.

Scientists have identified a novel mechanism by which a type of low-carb, low-calorie diet — called a “ketogenic diet” — could delay the effects of aging: the compound β-hydroxybutyrate (βOHB), a “ketone body” that is generated during a prolonged low-calorie or ketogenic diet.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17011713

‘Anecdotal evidence links the initial phase of fasting or a low-carbohydrate diet with feelings of well-being and mild euphoria. These feelings have often been attributed to ketosis, the production of ketone bodies which can replace glucose as an energy source for the brain. One of these ketone bodies, beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB), is an isomer of the notorious drug of abuse, GHB (gamma-hydroxybutyrate). GHB is also of interest in relation to its potential as a treatment for alcohol and opiate dependence and narcolepsy-associated cataplexy’

New user so I can’t post more than two links. Just google that if you’re interested: ‘GHB’s little brother makes low-carb diet enjoyable’

I’ve thought these sort of diets were fads but the evidence seems to be there that a low carb diet could do wonders for your wellbeing, mental clarity, or just someone for who is suffering from depression.

I’d try out a genuine ketogenic diet before dedicating yourself to a keto Huel. It’s pretty rough and not for everyone.

I attempted it previously and it made me feel awful, so lethargic and down.

There is also a lot of evidence saying that ketogenic diets are harmful. There is very much conflicting information, so do not take everything you read as certainty.

There’s also a big difference between a keto diet and a low carb diet.

most people on keto can do 20 carbs i recommend checking out dr.berg if you have any worries about i he debunks lots of myths about keto and also points out what nutrients people are deficient in if they suffer from certain ailments there’s definitely a high demand for Atkins and keto type diets potassium and vitamin B2 and B12 are most important. I’d 100% back a product of this type. A lot of people that do keto and benefit do it with Intermittent fasting as well.