šŸ““ Daily Journal: Intermittent Fasting (16:8), ED Recovery and Weight Loss

Iā€™d like to hunt down vegans with a rabid dog.

2 Likes

Day 185

Weight: 52.8kg this bulimia shit isnā€™t gonna help me lose weight.

Food Intake: (3070kcal without p)

• 1/2 of Huel, ChocFS (but itā€™d gone off so I had to toss it :/)
  • 1/2 scotch egg
  • 200g chicken w 15g mustard
  • 1/3 of mushroom mince w 3g nooch
  • 228g strawberries
  • 5 butterfingers
  • hotpot chicken mussels etc
  • bingeā€”ice cream, fibre 1, Rice Krispies

Activity: (1969kcal out)

Other Observations:

• Iā€™m not gonna commit to anything for now because I know the underlying mental shit needs to be talked through with my psych or itā€™ll just be halfassed attempts from me which I feel so frustrated by. BUT having basically finished all my binge food (I was looking for stuff to binge on last night and ā€¦didnā€™t really have stuffā€¦), Iā€™m going to commit to not buying sweets. Iā€™m still gonna consume the odd one but Iā€™ll just track it on MFP. Try my best to 12-8.
  • I have little cuts and stuff all over my tongue and gums this is actually grim.
  • Lmao I literally have no more ice cream & have nearly depleted my sweetsā€¦hereā€™s to hoping my binges get smaller since I donā€™t wanna spend money on sweets!
1 Like

Have you tried committing yourself to a Huel-only diet? Huel banished all my cravings, but also I think it would be difficult to binge on Huel. I know I donā€™t have an ED, but if I eat things that donā€™t satisfy my body (ie donā€™t have the nutrients I need) then Iā€™m always eating other stuff to try to make up for what Iā€™m not getting from what I have eaten (which turns into a vicious circle).

2 Likes

@Africorn Iā€™ve done 100% Huel for a week, so yeah Iā€™m considering that. Itā€™s difficult for now because I have many social events, and I need to sort out some mental processes that will prevent me from progressing very far.
The binging isnā€™t just physical for me, so I need to address the psychological side too :slight_smile: Thanks for your suggestion, will definitely keep it in mind

2 Likes

:thinking: Iā€™m confused. Donā€™t you mean non-vegans?

Sounds rough. Have you been purging splinters? I guess itā€™s the effect of the stomach acid really.

I think he was just being a dick. Hard to imagine I know.

2 Likes

You know me too well Coup. Most vegans are dicks.

2 Likes

Day 186

Weight: 52.6kg

Food Intake: (4364kcal in)

• 112g Huel, MochaFS
  • 100g chicken w 15g mustard
  • 396g carrots, roasted
  • 1 packet teddies
  • 1 Nutella B-ready
  • binge
  • 7 chicken slices
  • binge & ridiculous macs binge

Activity: (1951kcal out)

• 8045 steps total
  • 1h gym

Other Observations:

• I have nearly exhausted my binge haul stash. Itā€™s actually pretty good: I literally canā€™t binge on much because it isnā€™t there. The shops are all closed at 5pm too which means I canā€™t give in to urges to get ice cream to purge. Now to stop my irrational binge-brain from buying sweets tmr, and/or McDonalds (I donā€™t even like McDonalds wtf)
  • ā€¦yeah never mind.

Day 187

Weight: 52.6kg

Food Intake: (4970kcal in)

Activity: (1680kcal out)

• 7046 steps total

Other Observations:

• psych appointment please come soon :< 2 more days of ED hell!!

Oh Chris, I really feel for you, stay strong and donā€™t be too hard on yourself as I suspect this would be counter productive.

One thing that I do to stop myself buying crap when Iā€™m out, is leave home with no money and no card. Donā€™t know if this would work for you.

2 Likes

Day 188

Weight: 52.5kg

Food Intake: (3693kcal in)

Activity: (1400kcal out)

Other Observations:

• lmao i mistook my psych date; itā€™s 3 more days of ED hellā€¦
  • Iā€™m skipping every single activity I love, and almost my lectures, because of the bloody ED. Itā€™s insane how this crept back so insidiouslyā€¦

@Wendy_Shepherd thank you <3 itā€™s definitely not working for me now, because all larger rationality has gone out of the window, but I will definitely keep that in mind for when my non-ED brain is brought back down to earth a bit more. Itā€™s hardā€¦ :frowning:

Is there anybody in rl you can talk to about this, who you trust and think could possibly help you over the next few days?

Day 189

Weight: 52.8kg

Food Intake: (4497kcal in)

Activity: (1741kcal out)

Other Observations:

• itā€™s not just about the food. itā€™s not just about the weight. itā€™s about control when I donā€™t have any.
  • the ED is taking over my life Iā€™ve missed literally every activity in the last week and I donā€™t want to see friends or go out I barely make it to lectures. Itā€™s like the ED irrationally shoves every priority out of my life and monopolises it instead. I have barely moved or exercised either bc Iā€™m just so focused on b/p-ing and being constantly on the edge of a breakdown.
  • I was 52.8 on 5 September SIGH I need to write down all the reasons I need to recover

@Wendy_Shepherd thankfully I have one Friend in my life irl that I reached out to and heā€™s been very understanding and supportive. I couldnā€™t be more grateful, but I recognise that thereā€™s a limit to which he can help meā€¦ professional help is definitely necessary at this point.

Day 190

Weight: 52.7kg

Food Intake: (didnā€™t even bother)

Activity: (1869kcal out)

• 7133 steps total

Day 191

Weight: 52.4kg

Food Intake: (not sure tbh, but not that much I think, p hungry) (1646kcal in??)

• 1/2 of (112g Huel, ChocFS)

Activity: (2150kcal out)

• 1.5h ultimate
  • A lot of cycling around
  • 12,584 steps total

Other Observations:

• Had my psych appointment. Determined to take little steps to get back on track.
  • I went out to do my activities!!! I only bpā€™d once!!
1 Like

Yeah, that four-and-a-half-cats does sound a bit odd, doesnā€™t it?

I started out with four cats. Actually, they were bought for my ex-partners three daughters and, when that relationship ended, I got lumbered with them. Two are sisters, and then we kept one kitten from each of their litters. They live outside, and I lock them away in their own garden shed every night, tempted in by food.

I live in a small village of 26 houses and Iā€™m currently in my fourth house. Now, three of the cats hang out here pretty much all the time. The fourth - one of the sisters - tends to hang out around the first house I lived in, and the farm. She can be away for weeks at a time, and then comes back sometimes for a day, a night, or 2-3 weeks at the most. She always seems in good condition, so it may be that someone in the village also feeds her.

And she is what I refer to as my half-a-cat.

2 Likes

Day 192

Weight: 52.2kg

Food Intake: (5392kcal in)

• Lunch @ Bread & Meat w a Friend ā€“ 1/2 Philly Cheese Sandwich, 1/2 Porchetta salad bowl, ~50g 1/2 brownie
  • 2241kcal bp
  • Dinner @ a Friendā€™s ā€“ Chicken curry w rice
  • ~1800kcal bp

Activity: (1879kcal out)

Other Observations:

• I kinda kept down lunch!! Not trying to purge everything I eat! & am trying to go for things! I know itā€™s not much progress but I am determined to keep at it. Will be looking to factor in more Huel soon.
  • Today was kinda shot from the beginning bc I had 2 meals out planned. Iā€™m gonna try harder tomorrow; no meals out.
1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: Thanks for the explanation!

Day 193

Weight: 52.8kg

Food Intake: (4535kcal in)

• Lunchā€”1/2 of (112g Huel, Banana Flavdrops), 100g chicken, mustard, beans w onion, 1 banana soreen
  • 2095kcal binge
  • Dinnerā€”1/4 of (112g Huel, Banana Flavdrops), 150g veggies, 180g mackerel fish
  • 1400kcal binge

Activity: (1549kcal out)

• 3382 steps totalā€¦walking to sainsburys and back lmao

Other Observations:

• No I canā€™t just bp without my weight fluctuating erratically. The most I can achieve is to not gain weight exponentially, but it doesnā€™t help with my long term goals. ā€œED doesnā€™t care about your future, it keeps you in the here and now.ā€
  • I want it to finally go below 52 (itā€™s been here for like 2 months?!) and Iā€™m going to have to be consistent to see that happen.
  • Goals for tomorrow:
  1. Only bp in the afternoon. Donā€™t bp @ night after orchestra. ā€” Gonna be hard since Iā€™ve ended every day with a bp for the last 2 weeks consecutivelyā€¦but itā€™s not like I get to a lower weight than dinner after bp anyway.
  2. Go to orchestraā€”Iā€™ve got to force myself to go for things. Itā€™s gonna be painful, but either path is gonna be painful. This path at least is enroute to what Iā€™d like life to be ideally.

Shoutout to @DunsfordMage who seems to be making his way down my journal from the top; have a good read! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes