šŸ““ Daily Journal: Intermittent Fasting (16:8), ED Recovery and Weight Loss

I second this point. The mind (as you surely know) can play tricks on you, and often you are not the best person to judge yourself.

1 Like

Day 277

Weight: 50.9kg

Food Intake: (1428kcal in)

• Lunchā€”1/2 MochaFS Huel, 1 SuperFit chocolate protein shake, 8 Extra Zartbitter wafers, 2 butterfingers
  • Snackā€”300g broccoli w 8g nooch, 4g mustard, 1 35g Layenberger beef protein snack, 1 PowerBar Peanut Chocolate
  • Dinnerā€”1/2 MochaFS Huel, 150g chicken slices, 100g raw carrots, 1/2 DM toffee bar
  • Waterā€”4.75L

Activity: (2210kcal out)

• 14,149 steps total
  • 1/2h TRX (110kcal)
  • 22min-1/2h core stability (68kcal)
  • 15min chill walk, 5% 3.8kmh

Other Observations:

• 2019 goal: Drink 2L water/day! Iā€™ve never kept track of my water intake, but apparently itā€™s good for your health and skin haha. Tbh itā€™s been 16 minutes and Iā€™ve already drunk 750ml so it doesnā€™t seem like itā€™s gonna be a problem :stuck_out_tongue:
  • 1.16pm: LOL itā€™s barely halfway through the day and Iā€™m nearly done with the 2L I knew I loved water.
  • A lil sick of Huel Bars but my Huel Granola order hasnā€™t come for the last 1.5 weeks so :sob::sob::sob:
  • 2.59pm: Done with the 2L bottle while drinking t normallyā€¦it seems a lot of people struggle with 8 glasses of water a day thoughā€¦? Any ideas why haha I thought itā€™d be more challenging LOL
  • I know I didnā€™t bust my ass at the gym today but itā€™s okay, that wasnā€™t my goal. My goal was to get my butt there & do the workouts and I did.

@Wendy_Shepherd @Latestfuels fair enough, sounds sensible :slight_smile: will do and thanks! Iā€™m still months away from that being possible though but yeah will keep that in mind :smiley:

1 Like

This is why I think you may not be the best judge of your own body shape!

2 Likes

I remember being 19/20 and a similar weight. I was super skinny as did hours of walking my dogs every day, plus Iā€™m a tiny build also. But even that skinny I felt a bit ā€˜flabbyā€™ so I can relate to what youā€™re saying. But its not excess fat, itā€™s just that I wasnā€™t toned up because I wasnā€™t doing any exercise that built or toned muscles. If you do weight training and toning exercises, you will have more muscle and wonā€™t feel soft n flabby (like you did before) so to speak! Also bear in mind that 19 on the BMI scale is literally right on the edge of being underweight, and as muscle weighs more than fat, if you have muscle tone, 45kg is a really low weight.
You are literally an ideal weight for your height right now, so maybe stop worrying about numbers now and just focus on toning up. If you are well toned you will weigh more but feel super awesome :+1:t2:

Youā€™ve done amazing this year to reach your goal weight. I think weight loss is a bit like artwork (yā€™know when youā€™re painting and you think ooo I just need to do a bit more here or change that bit there and you can end up over-working it) - the skill is knowing when to stopā€¦ and sometimes it takes someone else to tell you, because itā€™s almost impossible to see for yourself when youā€™ve reached a point of ā€˜perfectionā€™!

4 Likes

@Wendy_Shepherd true! although I definitely donā€™t have body dysmorphia; not everyone with EDs canā€™t see their body objectivelyā€”I might just have a lil too unrealistic expectations. Would get second opinions tho good suggestion :))

@ChristinaT ah fair enough thanks for that!! Itā€™s useful to get feedback on where I should place my goal at healthily. And yeah I do suppose Iā€™ll start trying to tone up and gain more muscle; 18-20% body fat & aesthetics is more what Iā€™m going for (SORZ VANITY HAHAHA) more than just weight.
Although I would mention that thereā€™s a different scale for Asians bc we have a different frame, and WHOā€™s scale is Western centered.
(Underweight is still <18.5, but more of healthy would be 18.5-22.9 instead of 18.5-24.9)
Love the painting metaphor! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@jeffy89 sounds like you have a pretty okay goal and are clued up! 18-20% body fat for female gym-goers is okay I think (although hard work - fair-dos to you lol)
And yes youā€™re right about Asians and different frames. The BMI thing is a bit rubbish really and only a very vague guideline and doesnā€™t really fit anyone even vaguely athletic.
Iā€™m also mixed heritage and have a very different frame to most other white British females, so take my guidelines from myself and have found calorie counters, fitbits, BMI scales BMR calcs etc etc to be fairly inaccurate. I think the best method is to learn as we go along, see what works, see how we feel, and definitely always ask someone you can trust to be honest for their opinion also (ie not your mum or partner or best friend LOL)

4 Likes

Day 278

Weight: 50.8kg

Food Intake: (4187kcal in)

• Lunchā€”1/2 MatchaFS Huel, 200g seafood mix (150kcal/30g protein!), Hartleyā€™s SF raspberry jelly pot (3kcal)
  • 2x bp
  • Waterā€”4L

Activity: (1854kcal out)

• 10,307 steps out

Other Observations:

• Lowkey wish the Christmas-New Year weight Iā€™d put on were fake weight that came off way quicker, but itā€™s okay. Iā€™ll be thankful. 0.8kg is doable if I keep not-bingeing.
  • Drinking water doesnā€™t make my weight increase! (An irrational slight fear Iā€™d started to develop)

Yes, water has zero calories, and what you drink in, you will pee out. Barring health issues that cause water retention, of course!

Day 279

Food Intake: (1405kcal in)

• Lunchā€”1/2 MatchaFS Huel, 30g Huel Granola, 80g crayfish tails, 65g cockles
  • Snacksā€”110g Huel Granola dayum have I missed this, 1 packet roasted brussel sprouts (84+10kcal), 50g Button mushroom
  • Dinnerā€”44g mushroom, 1 Hartleyā€™s jelly, 250ml berry RTD, 70g Huel Granola
  • Waterā€”6.3L

Activity: (1896kcal out)

• 11,164 steps total

Other Observations:

• Huel Berry RTD: First impressionsā€”I grew into the taste. Itā€™s p good! Itā€™s very thickā€¦like I-know-thereā€™s-thickener-in-this-thick. I still prefer powdered Huel (thank goodness) mostly because I like my Huel thinner, but yeah the powdered Huel and Huel RTD are definitely very different products altogether. Would be great if convenience stores started stocking Huel RTD so I could get chilled Huel on the go :))
  • Lmao I basically ate through my entire 8h eating window Iā€™m soooo snacky but ehh at least it was mostly all healthy and voluminous! So stuffed haha.
  • Today has been great.
  • I think Iā€™m addicted to Huel Granolaā€¦ :joy::joy::joy:

ITS FINALLY HERE WAHOO
Btw does anyone know why they used superglue to shut the box LOL that was a workout xD

2 Likes

Day 280

Food Intake: (1350kcal in)

• Lunchā€”1/2 MochaFS Huel, 150g shrimp, 70g Huel Granola
  • Snacksā€”1 Americano, 1/2 Blueberry Muffin Nakd Bar
  • Dinnerā€”~1 Fulfil Bar, 1/2 MochaFS Huel, 25g caramel roulade, 2 butterfingers, 30g Huel Granola, 67g mushroom
  • Waterā€”5L

Activity: (2278kcal out)

• 1h Strength & Conditioning (242kcal at 42min, 280kcal at 48min)
  • 17,536 steps total

Other Observations:

• Kinda surprised I didnā€™t lose: was kinda hungry last night and this morning haha and definitely had a deficit. Ah well. Whoosh perhaps. And PMS. At least I can now attribute weight fluctuations to stable rational things if I donā€™t bp.
  • SO PROUD. SO MANY SUCCESSES TODAY!!! Life is turning around. Itā€™s not gonna be perfect, but there is hope.
1 Like

Hello. I have just joined to say I read your whole thread yesterday! :joy: Loved your honesty, sense of humour and the fact youā€™ve kept on posting. What do you think of the RTD?

1 Like

@Huella_Deville hiya!! firstly, love the username xD

secondly, you read the whole log in a day?!!?! hats off to you thatā€™s p dang impressive (that you waded through all my random ramblings LOL)! Thank you and glad you enjoyed it! :slight_smile: Iā€™m somewhat surprised Iā€™m still posting, myself.

Re: RTD Review

• Taste: Took a few mouthfuls to get used to, but a nice and enjoyable berry taste overall.
  • Texture: Very thick.
  • Overall aesthetic: SO PRETTY I love how the bottle looks; so minimalistic and just idk something Iā€™d love carrying around even without getting paid to look like Iā€™m a Huel ambassador also decked full out in Huel merchandise 24/7 :joy:
2 Likes

Day 281

Weight: 50.5kg hehe diet & exercise & no bp!!

Food Intake: (~1549kcal in)

• Lunchā€”1/2 MatchaFS Huel, 60g Huel, 150g shrimp
  • 2355kcal bp (~558-778kcal)
  • Dinnerā€”69g 3 mushrooms, 150g carrots, 47g Huel Granola

Activity: (2171kcal out)

• 1h Bodypump (~222-248kcal)
  • 12,690 steps total

Other Observations:

• I dreamt that my friends kidnapped me to Wales on a boatā€¦and what was my biggest concern? That my half-opened Huel RTD was going to spoil AND I didnt have Huel with me for meals. LMAOOOOOOO #huelis4lyf
  • Patience, consistency, moderation, and a whoosh. Although I think I mightnā€™t have such a huge deficit I couldnā€™t rly fall asleep bc I was quite hungry I was almost considering eating at 3am.
1 Like

Looks like a hipster drink :rofl:

Magnesium levels are sufficient for lucid dreams. :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Day 282

Weight: 50.2kg ehehe NEARLY THERE

Food Intake: (1444kcal in)

• Lunchā€”1/2 MatchaFS Huel + 50g teriyaki chicken + 42g veggies + 90g Huel Granola
  • Snacksā€”3 butterfingers, 1 M&S dark chocolate _can you tell what time of the month it is :shark: _, 1/2 Huel RTD, 165g frozen berries
  • Dinnerā€”75g Huel Granola, 1/2 protein bar, 1/3 protein bar, 1 jelly pot
  • Waterā€”4.5L

Activity: (2203kcal out)

• 55min Zumba (344kcal)
  • 18,468 steps total

Other Observations:

• Nearly skipped the gym to take a nap bUT GOT OFF MY BUTT AND DID IT. Yaaaaahs.
4 Likes

Day 283

Weight: 50.2kg

Food Intake: (~1544kcal in)

• Lunchā€”1/2 MochaFS Huel, 150g shrimp, 1/2 babybel light, 1 ryvita, 1/2 tomato, 1 string cheese, 120g Huel Granola
  • 2533kcal bp (~633kcal)
  • Dinnerā€”1/2 tomato, 30g 3 prawns, 1 diet Dr Pepper, 1 Hartleyā€™s blackcurrant jelly

Activity: (2216kcal out)

• 1h 6min gym strength training (300kcal)
  • 16,659 steps total

Other Observations:

• My emotional reaction to my weight seems a lot more muted nowā€¦
2 Likes

Day 284

Weight: 49.8kg !!! :tada: (or bloody 50.2kg if my scale is malfunctioning)

Food Intake: (1249kcal in)

• Lunchā€”1/2 MochaFS Huel, 60g Huel Granola, 200g Thai chicken noodle soup + 1/2 ryvita thin
  • Snacksā€”72g 3 mushrooms w hotsauce, 150g raspberries, 1/2 MĆ¼ller light carrot cake & 1/2 banoffee pie, 110g cooked prawns, 3 mini butterfingers
  • Dinnerā€”1/2 StrawberryFS Huel, 1/2 packet crickets :cricket:, 1 tomato, 1 string cheese

Activity: (2291kcal out) hoo dayum accidental 1000+kcal deficitā€¦

• 14,356 steps total
  • 1/2h Functional Training (150kcal)
  • 25 1/2min walk 6% 4.8kmh (160kcal)
  • 1/2h Core Stability (120kcal)
  • 21min walk 6% 4.8kmh (~130kcal)

Other Observations:

• gRaH with the hunger I feel I expect to be losing a lil! LOL donā€™t mind me, just being impatient (it was 8am and 50.2)
  • idk if I trust my scale haha it jumps to different numbers but welp Iā€™LL TAKE IT
  • Trying StrawberryFS later!! Hope it tastes as good as it smells!
  • Throwback to 17y.o. me when I started recovery: ā€œitā€™s okay, itā€™s fine, you can lose weight when youā€™re 20.ā€ it almost made me cry thinking of putting ā€˜trying to lose weightā€™ off for 3 yearsā€¦and here we are. Iā€™m 20, and Iā€™ve lost 11.6kg so far, gradually. Is it okay to be super stoked and proud of myself? :see_no_evil::roll_eyes:
  • Officially lighter than when the 50kg 17yo me decided to crash diet in desperate attempt for 6th form and -boys- (ew Iā€™m cringing so hard), which triggered the onset of BED & a shit ton of bingeing :ā€™) Aaaaaaand armed with a lot more knowledge & understanding of reality.
  • Exercise: Itā€™s like Iā€™m learning how to run on autopilot before my brain registers ā€œwait I havenā€™t made an excuse yet like uh, I donā€™t feel like working out!ā€ but oops too late Iā€™m already on my bike cycling to the gym :joy: feels great, and I rarely ever do regret going. Even if it wasnā€™t the best workout, I know I put in the work and didnā€™t succumb to excuses or as my dad calls ā€œthe Body Thingā€. MIND OVER MATTER! :muscle:
  • StrawberryFS: So good!! Reminds me of strawberry milk I used to have as a kid; will purchase the larger packet! (I wish there were smaller multi-packs tho; my MochaFS is still very much existent even though Iā€™ve been using it almost daily. Have another huge packet of chocolate & matcha & no money in the bank :joy::joy::sob:)
  • I coulda sworn I was eating for the entirety of my 8h window today LMAO how is it under 1300kcal? Ah well. Iā€™m SO FULL tho!! Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t think to restrict to make sure I lose even more weight, bc I truly do want to fuel my body and not wake up starving.
  • Not sure how to feel about having such a large deficit. Iā€™ll count it as one-offs bc I donā€™t want to set too high an expectation of myself & become hyper-restrictive.
  • My BMR is less than 1250kcal itā€™s actually tragic :joy::sob:
4 Likes

Surprised nobody else mentioned this, that glue is crazy strong!

Iā€™m surprised you found the taste unusual at first, I thought the berry RTD was out of this world! I thought the vanilla RTD was nice at first but tastes like real vanilla more than the toffee-ish taste of the New and Improved powderā€¦ itā€™s more subtle and thereā€™s an ā€œinterestingā€ flavour underneath that reminds me a little of the oatiness of versions gone by. I wasnā€™t crazy about it at firstā€¦ but now I find myself craving that one more! :man_shrugging:t2: I even wish my regular vanilla shake made with powder tasted more like RTD vanilla

Keep doing what youā€™re doing sounds like 2019 is going well :muscle:

1 Like

Wow, congrats on the new low number, @jeffy89.

1 Like