I second this point. The mind (as you surely know) can play tricks on you, and often you are not the best person to judge yourself.
Food Intake: (1428kcal in)
- Lunch—1/2 MochaFS Huel, 1 SuperFit chocolate protein shake, 8 Extra Zartbitter wafers, 2 butterfingers
- Snack—300g broccoli w 8g nooch, 4g mustard, 1 35g Layenberger beef protein snack, 1 PowerBar Peanut Chocolate
- Dinner—1/2 MochaFS Huel, 150g chicken slices, 100g raw carrots, 1/2 DM toffee bar
Activity: (2210kcal out)
- 14,149 steps total
- 1/2h TRX (110kcal)
- 22min-1/2h core stability (68kcal)
- 15min chill walk, 5% 3.8kmh
- 2019 goal: Drink 2L water/day! I’ve never kept track of my water intake, but apparently it’s good for your health and skin haha. Tbh it’s been 16 minutes and I’ve already drunk 750ml so it doesn’t seem like it’s gonna be a problem
- 1.16pm: LOL it’s barely halfway through the day and I’m nearly done with the 2L I knew I loved water.
- A lil sick of Huel Bars but my Huel Granola order hasn’t come for the last 1.5 weeks so
- 2.59pm: Done with the 2L bottle while drinking t normally…it seems a lot of people struggle with 8 glasses of water a day though…? Any ideas why haha I thought it’d be more challenging LOL
- I know I didn’t bust my ass at the gym today but it’s okay, that wasn’t my goal. My goal was to get my butt there & do the workouts and I did.
This is why I think you may not be the best judge of your own body shape!
I remember being 19/20 and a similar weight. I was super skinny as did hours of walking my dogs every day, plus I’m a tiny build also. But even that skinny I felt a bit ‘flabby’ so I can relate to what you’re saying. But its not excess fat, it’s just that I wasn’t toned up because I wasn’t doing any exercise that built or toned muscles. If you do weight training and toning exercises, you will have more muscle and won’t feel soft n flabby (like you did before) so to speak! Also bear in mind that 19 on the BMI scale is literally right on the edge of being underweight, and as muscle weighs more than fat, if you have muscle tone, 45kg is a really low weight.
You are literally an ideal weight for your height right now, so maybe stop worrying about numbers now and just focus on toning up. If you are well toned you will weigh more but feel super awesome
You’ve done amazing this year to reach your goal weight. I think weight loss is a bit like artwork (y’know when you’re painting and you think ooo I just need to do a bit more here or change that bit there and you can end up over-working it) - the skill is knowing when to stop… and sometimes it takes someone else to tell you, because it’s almost impossible to see for yourself when you’ve reached a point of ‘perfection’!
@Wendy_Shepherd true! although I definitely don’t have body dysmorphia; not everyone with EDs can’t see their body objectively—I might just have a lil too unrealistic expectations. Would get second opinions tho good suggestion :))
@ChristinaT ah fair enough thanks for that!! It’s useful to get feedback on where I should place my goal at healthily. And yeah I do suppose I’ll start trying to tone up and gain more muscle; 18-20% body fat & aesthetics is more what I’m going for (SORZ VANITY HAHAHA) more than just weight.
Although I would mention that there’s a different scale for Asians bc we have a different frame, and WHO’s scale is Western centered.
(Underweight is still <18.5, but more of healthy would be 18.5-22.9 instead of 18.5-24.9)
Love the painting metaphor!
@jeffy89 sounds like you have a pretty okay goal and are clued up! 18-20% body fat for female gym-goers is okay I think (although hard work - fair-dos to you lol)
And yes you’re right about Asians and different frames. The BMI thing is a bit rubbish really and only a very vague guideline and doesn’t really fit anyone even vaguely athletic.
I’m also mixed heritage and have a very different frame to most other white British females, so take my guidelines from myself and have found calorie counters, fitbits, BMI scales BMR calcs etc etc to be fairly inaccurate. I think the best method is to learn as we go along, see what works, see how we feel, and definitely always ask someone you can trust to be honest for their opinion also (ie not your mum or partner or best friend LOL)
Food Intake: (4187kcal in)
- Lunch—1/2 MatchaFS Huel, 200g seafood mix (150kcal/30g protein!), Hartley’s SF raspberry jelly pot (3kcal)
- 2x bp
Activity: (1854kcal out)
- 10,307 steps out
- Lowkey wish the Christmas-New Year weight I’d put on were fake weight that came off way quicker, but it’s okay. I’ll be thankful. 0.8kg is doable if I keep not-bingeing.
- Drinking water doesn’t make my weight increase! (An irrational slight fear I’d started to develop)
Yes, water has zero calories, and what you drink in, you will pee out. Barring health issues that cause water retention, of course!
Food Intake: (1405kcal in)
- Lunch—1/2 MatchaFS Huel, 30g Huel Granola, 80g crayfish tails, 65g cockles
- Snacks—110g Huel Granola dayum have I missed this, 1 packet roasted brussel sprouts (84+10kcal), 50g Button mushroom
- Dinner—44g mushroom, 1 Hartley’s jelly, 250ml berry RTD, 70g Huel Granola
Activity: (1896kcal out)
- 11,164 steps total
- Huel Berry RTD: First impressions—I grew into the taste. It’s p good! It’s very thick…like I-know-there’s-thickener-in-this-thick. I still prefer powdered Huel (thank goodness) mostly because I like my Huel thinner, but yeah the powdered Huel and Huel RTD are definitely very different products altogether. Would be great if convenience stores started stocking Huel RTD so I could get chilled Huel on the go :))
- Lmao I basically ate through my entire 8h eating window I’m soooo snacky but ehh at least it was mostly all healthy and voluminous! So stuffed haha.
- Today has been great.
- I think I’m addicted to Huel Granola…
ITS FINALLY HERE WAHOO
Btw does anyone know why they used superglue to shut the box LOL that was a workout xD
Food Intake: (1350kcal in)
- Lunch—1/2 MochaFS Huel, 150g shrimp, 70g Huel Granola
- Snacks—1 Americano, 1/2 Blueberry Muffin Nakd Bar
- Dinner—~1 Fulfil Bar, 1/2 MochaFS Huel, 25g caramel roulade, 2 butterfingers, 30g Huel Granola, 67g mushroom
Activity: (2278kcal out)
- 1h Strength & Conditioning (242kcal at 42min, 280kcal at 48min)
- 17,536 steps total
- Kinda surprised I didn’t lose: was kinda hungry last night and this morning haha and definitely had a deficit. Ah well. Whoosh perhaps. And PMS. At least I can now attribute weight fluctuations to stable rational things if I don’t bp.
- SO PROUD. SO MANY SUCCESSES TODAY!!! Life is turning around. It’s not gonna be perfect, but there is hope.
Hello. I have just joined to say I read your whole thread yesterday! Loved your honesty, sense of humour and the fact you’ve kept on posting. What do you think of the RTD?
@Huella_Deville hiya!! firstly, love the username xD
secondly, you read the whole log in a day?!!?! hats off to you that’s p dang impressive (that you waded through all my random ramblings LOL)! Thank you and glad you enjoyed it! I’m somewhat surprised I’m still posting, myself.
Re: RTD Review
- Taste: Took a few mouthfuls to get used to, but a nice and enjoyable berry taste overall.
- Texture: Very thick.
- Overall aesthetic: SO PRETTY I love how the bottle looks; so minimalistic and just idk something I’d love carrying around even without getting paid to look like I’m a Huel ambassador also decked full out in Huel merchandise 24/7
Weight: 50.5kg hehe diet & exercise & no bp!!
Food Intake: (~1549kcal in)
- Lunch—1/2 MatchaFS Huel, 60g Huel, 150g shrimp
- 2355kcal bp (~558-778kcal)
- Dinner—69g 3 mushrooms, 150g carrots, 47g Huel Granola
Activity: (2171kcal out)
- 1h Bodypump (~222-248kcal)
- 12,690 steps total
- I dreamt that my friends kidnapped me to Wales on a boat…and what was my biggest concern? That my half-opened Huel RTD was going to spoil AND I didnt have Huel with me for meals. LMAOOOOOOO #huelis4lyf
- Patience, consistency, moderation, and a whoosh. Although I think I mightn’t have such a huge deficit I couldn’t rly fall asleep bc I was quite hungry I was almost considering eating at 3am.
Looks like a hipster drink
Magnesium levels are sufficient for lucid dreams.
Weight: 50.2kg ehehe NEARLY THERE
Food Intake: (1444kcal in)
- Lunch—1/2 MatchaFS Huel + 50g teriyaki chicken + 42g veggies + 90g Huel Granola
- Snacks—3 butterfingers, 1 M&S dark chocolate _can you tell what time of the month it is _, 1/2 Huel RTD, 165g frozen berries
- Dinner—75g Huel Granola, 1/2 protein bar, 1/3 protein bar, 1 jelly pot
Activity: (2203kcal out)
- 55min Zumba (344kcal)
- 18,468 steps total
- Nearly skipped the gym to take a nap bUT GOT OFF MY BUTT AND DID IT. Yaaaaahs.
Food Intake: (~1544kcal in)
- Lunch—1/2 MochaFS Huel, 150g shrimp, 1/2 babybel light, 1 ryvita, 1/2 tomato, 1 string cheese, 120g Huel Granola
- 2533kcal bp (~633kcal)
- Dinner—1/2 tomato, 30g 3 prawns, 1 diet Dr Pepper, 1 Hartley’s blackcurrant jelly
Activity: (2216kcal out)
- 1h 6min gym strength training (300kcal)
- 16,659 steps total
- My emotional reaction to my weight seems a lot more muted now…
Weight: 49.8kg !!! (or bloody 50.2kg if my scale is malfunctioning)
Food Intake: (1249kcal in)
- Lunch—1/2 MochaFS Huel, 60g Huel Granola, 200g Thai chicken noodle soup + 1/2 ryvita thin
- Snacks—72g 3 mushrooms w hotsauce, 150g raspberries, 1/2 Müller light carrot cake & 1/2 banoffee pie, 110g cooked prawns, 3 mini butterfingers
- Dinner—1/2 StrawberryFS Huel, 1/2 packet crickets , 1 tomato, 1 string cheese
Activity: (2291kcal out) hoo dayum accidental 1000+kcal deficit…
- 14,356 steps total
- 1/2h Functional Training (150kcal)
- 25 1/2min walk 6% 4.8kmh (160kcal)
- 1/2h Core Stability (120kcal)
- 21min walk 6% 4.8kmh (~130kcal)
- gRaH with the hunger I feel I expect to be losing a lil! LOL don’t mind me, just being impatient (it was 8am and 50.2)
- idk if I trust my scale haha it jumps to different numbers but welp I’LL TAKE IT
- Trying StrawberryFS later!! Hope it tastes as good as it smells!
- Throwback to 17y.o. me when I started recovery: “it’s okay, it’s fine, you can lose weight when you’re 20.” it almost made me cry thinking of putting ‘trying to lose weight’ off for 3 years…and here we are. I’m 20, and I’ve lost 11.6kg so far, gradually. Is it okay to be super stoked and proud of myself?
- Officially lighter than when the 50kg 17yo me decided to crash diet in desperate attempt for 6th form and -boys- (ew I’m cringing so hard), which triggered the onset of BED & a shit ton of bingeing :’) Aaaaaaand armed with a lot more knowledge & understanding of reality.
- Exercise: It’s like I’m learning how to run on autopilot before my brain registers “wait I haven’t made an excuse yet like uh, I don’t feel like working out!” but oops too late I’m already on my bike cycling to the gym feels great, and I rarely ever do regret going. Even if it wasn’t the best workout, I know I put in the work and didn’t succumb to excuses or as my dad calls “the Body Thing”. MIND OVER MATTER!
- StrawberryFS: So good!! Reminds me of strawberry milk I used to have as a kid; will purchase the larger packet! (I wish there were smaller multi-packs tho; my MochaFS is still very much existent even though I’ve been using it almost daily. Have another huge packet of chocolate & matcha & no money in the bank )
- I coulda sworn I was eating for the entirety of my 8h window today LMAO how is it under 1300kcal? Ah well. I’m SO FULL tho!! I’m glad I didn’t think to restrict to make sure I lose even more weight, bc I truly do want to fuel my body and not wake up starving.
- Not sure how to feel about having such a large deficit. I’ll count it as one-offs bc I don’t want to set too high an expectation of myself & become hyper-restrictive.
- My BMR is less than 1250kcal it’s actually tragic
Surprised nobody else mentioned this, that glue is crazy strong!
I’m surprised you found the taste unusual at first, I thought the berry RTD was out of this world! I thought the vanilla RTD was nice at first but tastes like real vanilla more than the toffee-ish taste of the New and Improved powder… it’s more subtle and there’s an “interesting” flavour underneath that reminds me a little of the oatiness of versions gone by. I wasn’t crazy about it at first… but now I find myself craving that one more! I even wish my regular vanilla shake made with powder tasted more like RTD vanilla
Keep doing what you’re doing sounds like 2019 is going well