Day 1 - Explosive diarrhea

My diet has been very poor lately. So I decided to sort it out by using Huel. I bought the vanilla flavour and was delighted with my breakfast today. I enjoyed the flavour and the thickness.

I just started with 3 scopes and 500 mls of water and decided to only replace one meal as per the instructions.

Disaster struck just after lunch, one serving caused some aweful diarrhoea. What should I do? Keep on trying and hope for the best? or is there an alternative approach.

Thank you

Did anyone else read the title in the ā€˜Big Brotherā€™ voice?

10 Likes

Keep on trying but stock up on disposable pants.

3 Likes

definitely not from the rear.

3 Likes

I hadā€¦ How shall I put thisā€¦ Delicate guts on the morning of day 2 with huel! Wasnā€™t actually that delicate, more explosive like you sayā€¦ But I persevered & tho Iā€™d say huel def causes a change in bowel habit for most ppl, from my own experience & what Iā€™ve read on here, it does settle down & youā€™ll most likely feel better than ever in all departments physically, especially if as you say, your diet has been quite poor. So was mine pre-huel & it seems that may be a factor in huel being such a shock to your guts at firstā€¦ I carried on tho & have had huel everyday for nearly 5 months now so trust me, it does get better! :+1::joy::joy:

It will settle down just take it slow and report back here if youā€™re still having trouble in a few days

Guys many thanks for the feedback. I chicken out of having Huel today but will try again tomorrow and persist. Extra underwear has been ordered !

4 Likes

no problem here. frankly, my stools have never been better

Hope things are settling down for you now. I didnā€™t have the diarrhoea but did have the smelly farts. Still do at times. My two dogs donā€™t mind though, in fact they try to outfart me :laughing: :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I notice you say tryā€¦I guess by the tone of your post, they failā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yup! :grin::grin::grin:

Itā€™s a bit better but still having issues with my stomach. Hopefully in a couple of weeks time all will be sorted.

1 Like

Look up ā€œdiarrhaā€ in the search window. This topic is one of the most discussed topics for new users. No need to start a 12th thread.

Better to look up dire rear. Does what it says on the tin

1 Like

Why not start a new thread, rather than bumping an old one? I read 'em all, as Iā€™m sure others do :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Maybe because the message on the home page of this forum asks you to not start new threads that are duplicates.

Maybe because the rules page states: "One way to improve the discussion is by discovering ones that are already happening. Please spend some time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your ownā€¦ "

YOU might ā€œread 'em allā€ but is is clear that others do not, even though you falsely sate you are ā€œsure others do.ā€ Because if the OP had ā€œread 'em allā€ heā€™d already have his answer.

drop the mic

1 Like

I tend to catch 'em all, but thatā€™s just because my mother named me after a kind of tree.

2 Likes

No, I did not falsely state that Iā€™m sure others do. I think your logic is a little off there. Still, youā€™re damned if you do and damned if you donā€™t - some other nit-pickers give one a hard time for bumping old threadsā€¦ Next time that happens, Iā€™ll send them to you and you can put them right.

3 Likes

I agree with you that there are nitpickers who give one a hard time for bumping old threads. But since this particular forum asks one not to, it makes sense to go that route. Especially since there are many, many threads on this topic.