Documenting my Huel Journey

I’m going to be documenting my Huel journey here because I don’t have a blog lol and I wanna have some sort of record of my experiences.

I’ve already received my first shipment of Huel, I actually got it a couple of weeks ago and I’ve tried it once but I wasn’t able to finish the one shake I made because of the powdery/chalky texture. I’m planning on getting a small personal portable blender (because I travel quite a bit) tonight and tomorrow I’ll try having a shake for breakfast.

My plan is as follows and is such in the hopes of avoiding digestive issues: 1 week of Huel shakes for breakfast, then 1 week of Huel for breakfast and lunch, and after that move to 100% Huel for hopefully 30 days (and more if it goes well).

I’m hoping I can reset my way of eating and my relationship with food, as both are absolute trash right now. I also want to lose weight and build muscle tone but I’m hoping to do that by way of increased energy that will inspire me to actually get off my butt and workout.

I’ve already gotten accessories for my Huel. My first order I had gotten the cappuccino flavor pack and someone recommended to me that I try blending Huel with almond milk and powdered peanut butter. I got soymilk instead lol (very vanilla flavor cause yum) but I think I’m gonna try that. It’s additional calories but some people doing 100% Huel have mentioned that they have a hard time getting down a 3rd serving so I’m not too worried about the added calories.

Starting out, I might update this post once a day and then move to once a week as my body gets used to Huel. I might have to adjust my plan if I do run into any digestive issues.

I’d just like to note that I have the vanilla gluten-free Huel. I got the gluten-free one in the hopes that going gluten-free will clear up the small skin issues I have.

The last time I weighed myself, I was edging 180 lbs, so I’ll say I’m somewhere between 180 and 190 lbs right now. I’m 5’5 and 24.

I’ll report back at some point tomorrow.

2 Likes

Best of luck to you :slight_smile:

Just be aware that 2 weeks is not a long time to allow to adjust to Huel ready for 100%. The adjustment period varies from person to person. Some don’t need any but my body took many months before my symptoms of heartburn/gas went completely.