Emma's Huel Diary

Interesting article about leptin:

http://www.maxworkouts.com/articles/entry/one-trick-to-boost-your-fat-burning-hormone-leptin

DAY 4: First Act:

Ok, so I awoke this morning with a banging headache. Boyfriend says this is because I snored the roof down last night, but I do feel more dehydrated than usual on waking. I had managed another litre of tap water yesterday evening instead of my usual Friday night continental measure G & T. Had to fast duck waddle to the bathroom in the middle of the night to have a number 1. Same on waking, to which the bf commented “It sounds like an elephant is weeing in my bathroom!”. Cheers my love, in case you haven’t noticed, I have replaced our usual Friday night choccy and alcohol treats with water!

Anyway. Today has been a bit chaotic as I am travelling by train to Leicester for a girl’s weekend with friends. Two double espressos between 08.30-11 whilst getting ready and running around like a loony… Bf made up for earlier cheekiness by making up 2 Huel drinks for me in the blender :two_hearts:

Shocking tangent: Tonic water is 1.addictive, & 2. Contains almost as much sugar as coke :sob:

Made sure I had a wee before I got on the train.

Not really breakfast Breakfast:
On the train. 400ml tap water + 3 scoops vanilla + strawberry flavour sachet.

The difference between room temp and chilled Huel!
Tastes like strawberry flavoured cold Ready Brek. Luckily I don’t mind this and I enjoyed the taste of this.

Headache remained so I decided to sip on my 1l water bottle. Before I knew it I had had the full litre! It was meant to last the whole journey. I have an hour until I have to change trains and the loo is out of order. :astonished:

What sourcery is this?! Pre Huel, I was hard pushed to drink the normal daily requirement and in fact doubted my ability to drink extra.

I have the second Huel made the same way but with the rhubarb and custard flavour. I can’t touch it until I have located a toilet.

However, the headache has gone, so it was dehydration.

3 Likes

Hi Emma, I tried the U/U yesterday and really didn’t like it, I added a sachet of Belgian chocolate Options to my next one and it was much better. I had my first weigh in this morning and have lost 5 whole pounds :medal_military:and I have to say this has been the easiest ‘diet’ I have ever done. Please don’t anyone burst my bubble by saying its fluid etc as I’m happy in my state of denial :hear_no_evil: lol.
I too have been feeling windy but luckily we have a dog so she gets the blame but she has started running away from me so I don’t think my husband believes me anymore :innocent:.

4 Likes

Enjoying reading your thread, well done on your progress!!

1 Like

DAY 5:

It is midday and I have been up since 11.30. We were up all night yakking and laughing (old friends get together), so I didn’t act get to bed until 4am :expressionless:

Despite trying to actually get some water down inbetween the (uncountable) glasses of wine, I feel very hungover. Not had a hangover in years :confounded:.

However, you will be pleased to know that whilst my friends are inhaling bacon butties, I am drinking a pineapple and coconut Huel drink that I, vaguely remember shaking up somewhere around 3 am and refrigerating! It is the only thing I want right now plus a shed load of water.

I have another made up for the train journey later.

Over and out for today as any symptoms that occur today are definitely not going to be Huel related!

Hope you’re all having a great weekend!

Em

3 Likes

this is my blog from a interesting day…blame the Manic Street Preachers…
https://tonyhopper.wordpress.com

1 Like

DAY 6

I firmly believe that Huel + water helped me recover more quickly from my hangover yesterday.

Also, despite all the recipes, I find that I am happy with just mixing it up with water. I’ll probs make a recipe now and then for a treat or a change, but mostly I’m going to stick to water.

I decided to step in the scales this morning.

Start weight= 14st 11lbs/ 207lbs/ 93.8kg
Day 6 weight= 14.456st/ 202 lbs/ 91.8kg

Whoop whoop!:grin:

Happy Day.

3 scoops with ice and water for brekkie.

4 Likes

Your posts have us all hooked - i was going to suggest to stream your weigh in live on Skype :smile:

1 Like

The horror of that Tony!

It was always meant to be just a week or 2 of feedback and it will remain so, with the odd update.

I’m so not a fan of reality tv. Folk don’t need to know every minute of my day.

Good luck with your journey. :grinning:

Em

2 Likes

i was only joking, sorry.

1 Like

Well done Colly! Whoop whoop! Sorry late reply, I’ve only just seen this! Em

1 Like

Thanks Emma, Well done on your loss too, it looks like 5 is the magic number lol

Hi Emma,
Wow! Congratulations! Well done :star_struck:
At 5 Lbs per week you’ll be down 20 lbs per month! That is a super great achievement.

1 Like

well you have ups and downs right ??? i’m at a low point…
https://tonyhopper.wordpress.com

1 Like

Hope you keep at it Tony and try not to give into feelings of discouragement. I started ‘Hueling’ two weeks ago. The first week I lost about 2kg. This week, less than 1kg. I think the important thing is to be consistent and to enjoy the experience as you do so.
It’s ok to vary your intake of Huel. Just be sure to stick to your calorie requirements.
In your blog you mention that you miss your spices. I’m almost certain I read on this site, somewhere, that you can add curry/spices to flavour your huel as you’d like - unless you really miss the texture of solid food and the satisfaction of chewing/masticating meals.
You truly are 'nearer your goal(s) today than you were yesterday. Go you!

2 Likes

[quote=“Aaus10, post:35, topic:6960, full:true”]
Hope you keep at it Tony and try not to give into feelings of discouragement. I started ‘Hueling’ two weeks ago. The first week I lost about 2kg. This week, less than 1kg. I think the important thing is to be consistent and to enjoy the experience as you do so.

It’s ok to vary your intake of Huel. Just be sure to stick to your calorie requirements.

In your blog you mention that you miss your spices. I’m almost certain I read on this site, somewhere, that you can add curry/spices to flavour your huel as you’d like - unless you really miss the texture of solid food and the satisfaction of chewing/masticating meals.

You truly are 'nearer your goal(s) today than you were yesterday. Go you!

Good day yesterday !
[/quote]https://tonyhopper.wordpress.com