Fatty liver and lifestyle change

Started my huel venture today along with giving up beer for the last 4 weeks,I’ve been diagnosed with fatty liver which had pain with it as well.I have been social and home drinker for about 18 year’s litterly every week I’ve consumed much more than recommend and after receiving news and pain I thought a change of lifestyle was required.Im having 3 scoops per serving , 4 times a day, for 4 days of week, I’m a landscaper work hard currently weigh 17 stone 9, I will keep updates on here of progress and look forward to this challenge :blush:

4 Likes

Good luck!
I imagine you will not only feel much better soon but will have a lot more cash too! :slight_smile:

Thank you , how do you take your huel and how did you find it

I gave up alcohol 2.5 years ago after hospitalising myself trying to give up !
So 2.5 years clean and sober and just starting out on my Huel journey too … Sure we will feel better and healthier
BTW - giving up the booze was the best thing I ever did !!!

3 Likes

You’re welcome!
I’m really new to Huel.
I’ve got to pace myself with it as I had part of my intestines removed a couple of years ago, so have only had it a few times.
I like it but the vanilla is a bit too sweet so I’m going to try 50/50 vanilla and unsweetened next.
Hope to increase to two meals per day eventually…
So glad to hear that you and Madferret have kicked the booze…
Lost my brother in law in July. He was averaging a litre of vodka a day and just stopped without help. His organs failed and that was that. Not a pleasant ending. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Best of luck to you.
I really loved beer but we had to part ways. Even though a lot of ppl made fun of me, I have found some non-alcoholic ones that I genuinely enjoy without any regrets.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that about your brother in law - definitely not the way to give up alcohol … tapering off and then rigourous recovery process… but for the Grace of God go I

1 Like