First 24 Hours on Huel

So, bit of background.

I’m fairly overweight at the moment and have decided to do one month at 100% then faze in healthy meals to bring me back to a comfortable weight, I’d like to lose 5 stone in total (20 stone, 6"2’ currently) though this is a long term goal.

My parcel got delivered yesterday just before lunch so I popped home from work and had 3 scoops then and wasn’t hungry until around 6.30 when I got home from work and had my second 3 scoops.

Despite wanting to snack later on in the evening I didn’t, just drank lots of water and had 1 scoop in 150ml water.

Obviously as it stands I’ve only been using it for a day, however last night was the first time I’ve not woken up with heartburn in months, so I’m stoked just now. Can’t wait to see the results moving forward.

4 Likes

You may find your body takes a little while to get used to all Huel. Expect some unpleasant toilet experiences for a few days and you might get some digestive issues (I got heartburn for the first time ever) I guess it depends on your own internal flora, fauna and balances. Once you get through it you may find the need to add a little roughage, though it claims to be enough if you’re dieting you probably need more (I have a large apple a day). And after around 3 days your body will start feeling hungry. As I consume less than 1500 calories a day and so less than RDA of many things I take a vitamin tablet. I also experienced some issues with my connective tissue so also now take a collagen supplement which seems to have done the trick…

Congratulations - first 10 days are the hardest - good luck

2 Likes