First Taste - Very Nice!

I am drinking my first portion of Huel as I type this. I quite like it. Vanilla oats! I actually quite like the solid bits too. Whether or not I will get sick of the taste of it if I have it too much, only time will tell. If anything, I would have preferred a slightly milder taste, but maybe I can just add more water.

I am really glad Huel has come along, as it is just what I have been looking for. I read about Soylent about a year ago. I was frustrated with Soylent not being available in the UK, so I spent a many months creating my own recipe using the DIY Soylent website. The problem was, I never quite got the recipe right. Eventually I got tired of trying to perfect the recipe and gave up.

But recently I searched on Google for “UK alternative to Soylent” and was absolutely delighted to find Huel.

My plan is to usually have it for breakfast and lunch, and have a normal meal in the evening. This will save time in the morning when getting ready for work, and will also make things easier at work as I can just sip on this when I feel like it. It will also be great for days out. No need to worry about what I’m going to eat. Also, if I do some traveling sometime and spend a few nights in a hotel, I could really save on money and hassle by mainly consuming Huel.

I’ve only drank about half of my lunch portion, and I feel satisfied already. I’ll put it in the fridge now and have the rest as a mid afternoon snack.

For version 1.0, this is definitely a superb start.

3 Likes

I’ve changed the title of this thread to reflect that on my 2nd day I like the taste more. I think this is because I added more water and chilled it.

I filled the shaker to 500ml with water, put in 4.5 scoops of powder, shook it, filled most of the remaining bottle space up with water, shook it again, then put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes. I think this is a good way to do it, and makes for a great breakfast.

The first 10 times I eat Huel I felt like going to puke. I don’t like vanilla concentrated flavour + Huel natural flavour.

Now I am used to it and it’s fine. I even find it sweet.

Thanks for the feedback: glad you like it.

I definitely tastes best when it has been in the fridge for a while. It’s not just that it’s colder, it settles and the flavour somehow becomes smoother.