Flavour Boosts are too weak?

I’ve been using the flavour boost sample set and I can barely taste a difference compared to regular Huel. Already tried 6 different flavours and I found strawberry was probably the only one that distinctly changed the overall taste. The others, like matcha and toffee, for example, were almost 100% unnoticeable. I also love the taste of Huel on its own – it reminds me of Oreos, but it definitely overpowers any additional flavour so I’m hoping I won’t find it boring after a while.

Is anyone else having the same experience and what other options are there to adjust the flavour? Frozen fruit would be good, I imagine, but I don’t have access to a blender.

I use the v2.3 Original powder and always prepare the same 125g (500 kcal) shakes with 500ml of water.

With the exception of toffee I find the flavour boosts more than punch through Huel. I use 1/3rd of a teaspoon per 90g of Vanilla. You can buy freeze dried fruit powders or things like Cacao powder and flavour it that way but you’ll have to use a lot more. For my morning breakfast I have 10g of Cacao powder with 90g of Huel.

I’ve used the flavour packs exclusively with the new vanilla (mainly to hide the taste which I don’t like), and I find the same problem, but more that all they do is add a strong sweetness and no depth of flavour. I think they could do with being rebalanced to remove sweetener but add flavour, if that’s at all possible. I don’t tend to dilute too much either since then I can’t detect them much at all, so like you I tend to use around 500ml water (fairly sure that’s what the sachet suggests too).

@toerz are you using the sample packs or the full packs? Some find the sample flavours too weak, others find them a little too much. That’s why these are just samples, so you can know what flavour you like then buy a full pouch where you can add as much or as little as you need.

Forgive me if this isn’t the case.