Huel flavour boosts, ratios?

Hi all,
I started huel 2 days ago for breakfast and lunch and I have to admit I was struggling a bit with the oaty kind of flavour, it reminds me a bit of porridge or really wet wheetabix - neither of which I’m a fan of. Being a stubborn git I was persevering anyway in the hope of getting to like it.
I just made up a one scoop “snack” and added a bit of the toffee flavouring I got in the sample to see if things improve. I wasn’t very scientific, I just put in a bit probably a max of half a sachet and the difference is amazing!
So now that I’ve decided that flavouring is the way forward how much should I be aiming to put in for a three scoop shake? Until I settle on a flavour and get it ordered I don’t want to waste my precious samples :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear you were struggling with the oaty-ness but so pleased you persevered, thank you! Adding ice should help with the oaty flavour.

On flavour boost ratio, it depends on whether you are using Vanilla or Unflavoured & Unsweetened. Because Vanilla already has sweetener in it brings the flavours through more, so you need less.

Vanilla - 3 scoops of Huel + half teaspoon of flavour (2-3g).
U/U - 3 scoops of Huel + 1 teaspoon of flavour (4g approx.)

Remember you can always add more later! Hope this helps :smiley:

Thanks Tim, just had banana flavour for lunch and it was great, I’m off to order some flavour packs now.
Ps, I think the product is great, I’m on the road a lot so my diet consisted of fast food or multipacks of crisps/chocolate, 3 days in, I haven’t eaten any crap and don’t miss it :grinning:

1 Like

I’m terrible when it comes to flavour packs and add a whole teaspoon when I make a batch of vanilla (The sachet = half a tsp)

I was also terrible with coffee, having to add three teaspoons (decaff) to my batch to get a decent kick.

Best thing to do is experiment away and you’ll find what works for you.

I use about 1/4 of a teaspoon per 90g of Vanilla.