Garlic, garlic everywhere!

Out of 11 Huel Hot & Savory products, 6 contain garlic! Eating it reflects a lot on the fetid breath! It’s a real shame to eat healthy and have this counter indication, I can understand that it gives flavor but it can easily be replaced with other spices, you have created an excellent product, don’t ruin it like this!

These are the products that are saved:

• Chick’n & Mushroom Pasta
  • Mexican Chilli
  • Thai Green Curry
  • Madras
  • Korma

I can’t believe I’m the only one who noticed!

You aren’t the only one - here’s a recent post

It’s not just Huel either. So many foods have garlic and/or onion added for flavour. It’s a real minefield out there for those who, like myself, are intolerant of either or both. It can be a real pain, literally!

how is eating garlic counter indicative to eating healthy exactly?

Healthy Eating refers to Huel’s quick and convenient balanced meals as a healthy alternative to a McDonald’s sandwich! in any case, although it has contraindications on a social level (stinky breath) it is undeniable that garlic is good for you, there are many studies on it, but I am not willing to sacrifice my social life and my personal and working relationships with a breath that tastes like a corpse!

Well – with over 120 million tonnes produced annually - onions and garlic are the 3rd most widely consumed family of vegetables globally after spuds and tomatoes – so I guess they aren’t going anywhere soon :blush:

You could try those Listerine go tabs. They are a mouthwash tablet that you chew, swish around your mouth for 30 seconds and then swallow. Looking at the ingredients at least from what I can see they don’t contain anything to clean or sterilise your mouth like the actual Listerine but they do do a decent job at freshening your breath while on the go.

added bonus - they contain Xylitol - so pop one too many of them and you wont need to worry about digesting the garlic - although bad breath will be the least pressing social faux pas you’d have to worry about.

1 Like

If anything, there’s too little garlic. I often add copious amounts of powdered garlic extra :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Welcome to the form @FanoH :hearts:

We appreciate the suggestion, I’ll pass this onto our product development team for future recipes.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.