Gastric band and Huel?

Hi Everyone,

I have a gastric band and have been looking to find a meal replacement that is actually filling. My band is tight in the morning so I struggle with eating breakfast, plus im a busy working single mum, so its always a dash out the door at 7am!

I have a Nutribullet and tried the samples of vanilla and unsweetened. I prefer the vanilla as I have a sweet tooth - hence forking out for a gastric band!!

I’ve opted to buy a 28 pack, but was wondering if anyone has any advice as to how best to boost my weight loss with the Huel?

Do you guys use an app to monitor calorie intake? I have another 2.5 stone to lose and go to the gym 3 times a week. I want to replace breakfast and lunch. Would I be better splitting it down to 4 half sized shakes? Any advice would be gratefully received.

Wendi

Drink very slowly throughout the day as to not get too hungry works for me. I can count the calories in my head easily with 100% Huel. Others have recommended drinking a thicker shake to make it more filling, but I don’t like the taste as much that way.

1 Like

I have always had my huel with 500g of water and 100g of huel. I’ve dropped it down to 80g of Huel now in the same amount of water as it was to thick and too filling for me. I blend it with ice so its really cold and its delicious.

Nik

Hi Nik,

thanks, I have done the same after experimenting with consistency. I’ve also found I much prefer the taste with some toffee flavour powder - it really really helps me kick my sugar craving