Hot and Savory Heartburn?

Hi, I’ve been using hot and savory for around 4 months, mostly weekday lunches and a variety of flavours. I run regularly and have started to experience severe heartburn - wondering if anyone else has had this? I’ve been to the doctors and they’ve done an ECG as a precaution so it’s not a heart issue.

Hey James, great to hear you’ve been having Huel for the last few months. Heartburn can be caused by a number of things. Is it just Huel you get heartburn with? Some advice around this:

1. Drink plenty of water through the day
  2. Don’t have too big a portion of Huel in one go - maybe 2-3 scoops max.
  3. Make sure you’re sitting upright when consuming Huel; no slouching. And don’t do too much activity for 30 mins after having Huel.
  4. Avoid non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen, etc

Have a try of this and hopefully this will help.

Thanks Tim I’ve been running for many years and never had a problem so I am fairly certain it’s caused by what I’m eating, not how I’m eating it. It was a genuine question to see if anyone has issues or intolerances with the Huel ingredients - there are quite a few spices in the flavours I order.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.