Hot Huel

Has anyone tried serving Huel hot?

How have you prepared it?

Does it affect the nutrition?

Is it nice?

Thanks in advance

Too much heat will definitely affect the nutritional values, but there’s a good few recipes over here for Huel.

The way I understand it, you can use Huel in place of flour in any recipe pretty much.

Here is the most successful hot recipe:

No need for blender.
Add 250ml boiling water to shaker
Add half veggie stock cube and swirl to dissolve
Add peanut butter, tabasco and curry powder.
Add 150ml cold water.
Add 100g Huel
Shake
Top up with 100ml cold water and shake again.
Actually really really tasty.

9 Likes

Wow, I was actually thinking of boiling a kettle and using that water instead. Like a hot oat shake

When you say curry, I’m presuming you mean curry powder, but is there a specific type that works best? There are many in the world of curry!

I appreciate it’s to taste but I love the sound of this so much I want to get it right - having this as an evening meal would certainly help with evening meal cravings I imagine!!

Is the last 100ml hot or cold?

Yes that is correct it’s curry powder.

Depends on how hot you want it. Tim in the office made it, I think it was cold water, very hot water in small spaces (ie. a shaker) can explode.

4 Likes

Finally got around to trying this just now and it is amazing!!

Will have to try a little less curry powder and a little more tabasco in the next attempt, but I have to say it’s not only delicious but I feel so full and satisfied I should be good all evening! :smile:

2 Likes

Just noticed this thread.

I’ve actually recently switched to having my lunchtime Huel hot. I add near boiling water to 100g, mix it into a thick paste then give it a quick blast in the microwave. It ends up like a thick porridge essentially. I love it, and do feel like it is more satisfying (particularly during Winter perhaps) than a shake.

1 Like

We’re talking U/U here I guess?

Will this work with vanilla flavoured Huel? That is, does the taste override the vanilla and sweetener?

We used U&U. But I think it would probably be ok with vanilla, it would just a bit sweeter. Some curries are sweet, e.g. Korma, Kashmir, etc.

2 Likes

I’ll give it a shot.

1 Like

Vanilla worked just fine. This was really good.

Caveat: I’m not particularly particular.

1 Like

Did you just have it hot “as is”? Just had mine like that for lunch. I also like adding cinnamon.

I used this recipe.

1 Like

Been looking for a savoury recipe for a little while.
That was different… Not unpleasant, just… different… Took a while to get through it, but I’ll try it again - however made with ‘pure’ vanilla flavour as opposed to half and half with UU as I think it needs to be a little sweet.
need to also experiment with other flavourings - maybe a chicken OXO cube; might work well with peanut butter :slight_smile:

Had hot curry Huel today, for the first time in a couple months. Just thought I’d remind everybody that it’s really good.

:slight_smile:

Just a warning to anyone else that has as little common sense as I do:

DO NOT seal boiling water/freshly boiled water inside a shaker and proceed to shake. Brain wasn’t obviously working at the time, but I decided to try mixing Huel with boiling water. I sealed the shaker, proceeded to shake and the shaker exploded - which resulted in scalding burns over my hands and hot water/Huel everywhere. Silly me.

Oh dear! Hope you’ve healed