Hot Huel

I think everyone makes this mistake once in their life! Only once though. Lesson learnt pretty quick.

1 Like

This sounds great, I’m also thinking of trying a new recipe with sofrito. I love spanish food and I think this will provide me with that satisfaction.

I have not tried the recipe yet, but it will consist of a blend with bell pepers, onions, tomato, cilantro, (optional spices) and vegetable stock. I’ll keep everyone updated as soon as I produce the recipe, but if you’re familiar in the kitchen by all means lets try something new.

1 Like

Tried a korma huel soup this evening. Not perfect but very edible.
Blend half a stock cube with 300ml hot water and a tablespoon of korma sauce. Add in veggies for texture. I added some frozen peas and spinach that I had defrosted and part cooked in the microwave. Transfer to a saucepan and heat gently. Taste and adjust seasonings to taste. I used a low salt stock cube and decided to add some salt. You could use fresh veggies. Or you could part cook the frozen veg by cooking in a saucepan with boiling water, then drain and add the korma huel mix. Diced carrot and/or potato, finely chopped cauliflower or broccoli would also be good. Now I’ve got my bag of UU and the colder weather has arrived I plan on doing a few experiments like this. Pad Thai Huel soup is on the cards for tomorrow. Hopefully this will stop me eating crisps and spicy nuts to satisfy my savoury cravings. If anyone else tries this recipe I’d love to get some feedback.

1 Like

Got this sorted to make very easily at work when I want something hot. Put 3 scoops in a bowl, add some just boiled water and mix to a thick paste, then stick it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Give it another stir and eat.

Dead easy and is a bit like porridge. Add a bit of chocolate flavor or syrup to taste if you get bored.

BTW been using Huel for 15 months now, has defiantly helped with my IBS, cheers.