How did you discover Huel?

Yes it did his bloods inptoved significantly, it also helped me when I came down with cyclic vomiting syndrome (CVS).

1 Like

Sat at home wondering why someone just didnā€™t invent a product that contained everything you needed in a meal with all the diet/ healthy eating programmes on TV etc as it would be a hell of a lot simpler than working out all of this from the available foods each day and trying to get a perfect balance from guess work or tedious constant tracking to get it spot on every day. Thought to myself I bet someone has. Googled it found huel :+1:

5 Likes

The struggle is real.

Apparently my brother started to use it yesterday ago for a while. I moved to another state and I guess it just never came up.
Then I was taking with my mom the other day and I was complaining about how I was hungry but I couldnā€™t figure out what I wanted + I didnā€™t want to go shopping, prepare, cook, clean, etc.
Then she mentioned this product.
Lol, Iā€™m like, wtf? All these years I could have been drinking huel. How did I never know about this?
Sign, oh well.
I just ordered for the first time today. Iā€™m so excited. I got one chocolate and one vanilla.
Iā€™m hoping to transition to 80-90% huel.

From what I understand is not good for your digestive tract ONLY digest liquid. I havenā€™t been able to confirm that one way or another though.

Anyway, Iā€™m super stoked.

1 Like

Itā€™s more of a suspension than a liquid. We skip the chewing part, but itā€™s just like other food once itā€™s gone down our throats.

2 Likes

Just to verify, youā€™re saying that itā€™s thick enough not to cause any adverse consequences? Iā€™m thinking more long term.

2 Likes

Who knows? Itā€™s certainly not a liquid diet in the way a juice diet would be. Itā€™s pulverised oats, mostly. People have eaten those for a long time. Theyā€™re oats chewed up by an industrial blender instead of our teeth, but itā€™s all the same to our guts.

There could be downsides to this diet that we donā€™t know about yet, because itā€™s a pretty new thing. None of us will know for a few years yet, and then we may all suddenly drop dead from unforeseen complications.

What particular adverse consequences are you worried about?

2 Likes

From what I understand if you are on a completely liquid diet for too long you could lose your ability to digest things as well later. Idk if the person was just saying you would have to slowly transition back to solid food or if it was something more permanent.
It sounded like they were talking about some kind of permanent consequences buy Iā€™m not 100% sure. I need to look it up properly I guess :joy:

1 Like

Well my point is youā€™re not on a liquid diet. Huel is rammed full of fibre, and your digestive system is probably working harder than itā€™s ever worked before.

3 Likes

Funny as all these YouTubeeā€™s with their ā€˜I survived on Huel for a day/week/monthā€™ trauma videos - acting like theyā€™re an absolute super hero :innocent:

3 Likes

Oh, I see what what youā€™re saying. That makes sense.

Another point is that most (99.99% probably) of Hueligans donā€™t use Huel 100% but have it for 1-2 meals a day along with other more traditional meals. Weā€™ve looked at people using Huel 100% though, but not over a long period of time and just a small group, however blood markers and overall well being was good.

3 Likes

OTOH my gall bladder hates me. Before Huel my diet was heavily meats and milkfats. Huel takes the place of one of my meals and now when I eat bacon/galbi I get pains in my middle.
Yes, Iā€™ve seen a doctor about that. When I insisted that me and my gallstones were not just going to ignore it, he put me on ursolic acid. So far so good.

Facebook refused to stop advertising this to me, so I decided to research it .

Was looking to move to a non meat diet, and lose some weight and so I replace lunch and dinner with these shakes. So far so good!

1 Like

Too many people see it as a sort of cleanse. I bet Huel make a lot of money from them mind, but jeeze. You could eat pretty much anything for one month.

If you need a Guinea pig ill be going back on 100% huel starting tomorrow, once my replacement blender and bags on 3.0 for trial purposes arrive :wink:

1 Like

I donā€™t think anyone is genuinely 100%, we all eat a little whether itā€™s snacks or special meals so Iā€™d be tempted to ignore that and look more at ā€œhigh useā€ and put anyone having ā€˜two+ā€™ Huel meals per day regularly in there.

At a guess Iā€™d imagine that the overall % of all customers that fall under high use is quite low, but I bet if you look at repeat customers youā€™re going to see a big shift towards it because once the convenience of a decent breakfast/lunch settles in itā€™s extremely easy to replace more meals with Huel and it just makes nutritional sense.

Iā€™d love to dive into your order data to look into that. I know youā€™d never give info away like that in the forum but you must have some amazing insights after five years of growth, I hope youā€™ve got a couple of data scientists on staff.

Itā€™s just a shame the science isnā€™t there enough for you to recommend a Huel only diet or say how good that would be. I switch brands a lot but Iā€™ve been nigh on just Complete Foods for five years and still feeling awesome.

1 Like

I discovered Huel from a Facebook ad and partly due to watching a presentation for Herbalife by a couple of women running a business off it. I tried some of their sample shakes (which gave me the impression of Angel Delight) but reading up on the shakes put me off Herbalife.

I finally decided that Iā€™d give it a go and had my first shake about 3 hours ago.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s how they got me

Thereā€™s a couple on here that claim to be, and Iā€™d be willing to bet thereā€™s more that donā€™t post on the forum. Thereā€™s probably tens of them out there!! :joy:

3 Likes

This is probably Huel HQā€™s idea of a perfect comment. Product is mentioned in the media ā€”> new customer tries product ā€”> customer retained ā€”> customer meets goal ā€”> continues with product ā€”> loves every update ā€”> raves about the product on the forum using all the right buzzwords ā€”> repeat

4 Likes