How do you maintain or improve your shape/body?

I wonder how this is going. Still strong?

1 Like

Still going strong, had my first run last weekend. Lost quite some fat, woth roughly the same amount of total body weight. Now back from cutting to maintainance.

2 Likes

Hi airiartev, just in case you are interested, I thought Iā€™d mention that Iā€™m currently doing ā€œConvict Conditioningā€ by Paul Wade (I ainā€™t a convict fyi :sweat_smile:) Itā€™s bodyweight exercises and Iā€™m loving how the progressions are set out!

I hope you are healthier and fitter since your initial post! :slight_smile:

Nahā€¦ still the same, I just cycle to commute and rollerskate once per week, but nothing on my upper body.

Send me information about that :wink:

1 Like

Itā€™s this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Convict-Conditioning-Weakness-Using-Survival-Strength/dp/1942812159

Iā€™m sure there will also be YouTube vids and blogs/sites discussing it, if you would like to watch/read more about it x

Iā€™ve been a long term stranger to gyms and exercise in general but I got a shock to the system at the end of the year with a grim diagnosis and surgery requirements ā€“ that triggered the whole life change process initially under duress ā€“ as they said I was too heavy and unhealthy to safely have such prolonged anaesthesia.

So first came crash dieting to make it onto the operating table and following that came the diet change with Huel and after the second surgery of the year the introduction of a Concept 2 rower at home to help things along (swimming was blocked by the surgeons and still is) I now get up at 6 every morning to do 4000 metres and the same again late at night which really helps with sleep.

Still Huelling, but the rower has had to park itself for the next month while I get over surgery number 3. This is a real kicker as Iā€™d already started noticing improvements in muscle tone and reduction of belly fat, shedding almost 30kg since Christmas as well as actually enjoying the exercise. The at work exercise regime consists of running around corralling 500 adult children 10-12 hours a day every day :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I am 36
I:
Swim at the pool when I can
Run in my neighborhood every day
Crossfit 3 times a week
Drink alcool once a week

I miss alcohol so much :slight_smile:

Ex alcoholic or trying to get in shape?

If its the latter half a bottle of gin and slimline tonic is only 760 calories. Replace the tonic with huel and you really have a party.

1 Like

getting in shape - plus at my age the recovery period from alcohol is obtrusively long :slight_smile:

I just drink plain whisky hahah nothing beats it

Haha, in my mind your now atleast 80 years old sitting in a big leather chair smoking a pipe.

Well done you trying to get in shape though :slight_smile:

51 and using an IQOS but close enough :slight_smile:

Last time i did that i blacked out, never drinking JURA again

You mean Jura the coffee machine right? Hahaha

Haha, no, i mean this.
download

Getting used to running is rough. At least in my experience. But once you get into it, you understand why so many people do it. Good job

1 Like