How to make Huel more thicker

Thank you Tim for your response. Today it was thicker I added more powder. But how do I make it thicker (like it was today) but adding less powder? By adding less water/milk?
I usually do lunch and dinner in one go so 500ml water+500ml almond milk and 3 scoops of banana huel /sometimes I add frozen fruit

Nice, so less water, I tried less water but then I have half huel :slight_smile:

I do blend it with banana or frozen fruits… today it was thicker as I added a bit more powder :slight_smile: Thank you

Okay will go and buy some chia seeds today and try it :slight_smile: Thank you

Awesome Phil! Thank you. Will do it today :slight_smile:

This is why your Huel is thin, we recommend 500ml liquid + 2 scoops of Huel (100g). You’re adding 100% more liquid but only 50% more of the Huel.

It’s all about ratios. This is our recommendation

500ml --> 2 scoops Huel (100g)

To make this thicker you might go…
350ml --> 2 scoops Huel (100g)

To add less Huel (i.e. consume fewer calories) you might usually use half the water and half the Huel i.e. 250ml --> 1 scoop Huel (50g) - this would produce a Huel exactly the same consistency as our recommendation of 500ml --> 2 scoops.

So make this smaller snack-sized Huel thicker you might use:
150ml --> 1 scoop Huel (50g)

Does that make sense?

2 Likes

I don’t go more than 400ml water/100g Huel otherwise it’s too thin for me. Plus leaving it in the fridge for a few hours/overnight to thicken it further.

Okay I see. Perfect thank you.

1 Like

Casein powder works also great, plus it adds a nice milky flavour. In combination with Chocolate Huel it’s really delicious!

Let it soak overnight in the fridge.

I actually have the opposite problem haha. I like mine watery and it’s too think for me as per their recipe, however I want it very smooth, so I will fill my huel bottom up only half full and blend it, then leave it to soak overnight on the fridge. This results in something you can eat with a spoon.

To counteract that I fill it to the top and mix which gives me a cold, watery, creamy texture how I like it

1 Like

Haha the opposite problem? Nice. I put less water now so now is thick as I like it. Thank you Vanessa :slight_smile:

1 Like

ive only just started using the fridge after 15 months using Huel.

so leaving it in there for at least four hours really thickens it up.

also… fenugreek (in case you didnt read in another post) also thickens it, instantly. increases testosterone and reduces hunger, too. but having too much makes nauseous effect, i have three level teaspoons a day, max.

its good stuff.

Really? wow thank you. Do I get fenugreek powder?

1 Like

Stop please.

Fenugreek is pseudo science.

Also, vast quantities (really vast) show it potentially slows abdominal subcutaneous adipose tissue increase. In a study over 18 people. It does not stop that increase it just slows it.

Please use actual science when talking here.

2 Likes

might take a moment for me to understand if thats a typo or you r asking me if U get fenugreek powder.

its cheap to buy…

when i tried fenugreek powder it definitely increased my testosterone levels and reduced my hunger levels.

thats anecdotal not pseudo.

it also makes the consistency thicker.

i never claimed to have tested it on one hundred different people. but it worked for me, and i tried it because i read it on a genuine science based website first.

always do your research.

forums are generally anecdotal , do you expect me to have my own science lab and willing participants for an experiment.

No harm putting in a few decent links though.

1 Like

I wasn’t saying your evidence was pseudoscience mate, That’s anecdotal of course. I was saying that there aren’t many cases of it being properly researched, which we both know happens a lot in the supplements industry and then word gets round that x does y despite it not actually being backed up.

Sorry if I offended you, absolutely wasn’t the intention!

1 Like

fair enuff mate.

im very particular with my English language, thats all, i mean well.

its just this type of thing puts me off forums…

if you really want science then research properly, forums are for ppls experiences generally speaking.

although a forum of Top Scientists on relevant subjects would be brilliant!

:peace_symbol:

yeah but if youre really looking for something then google it and discern what medical websites are best. they generally say the same thing.

forums problems…