Huel and a dog!

I wonder if Huel is fit for dogs ?

Imagine the scenario …
I was decanting an almost empty bag into a new full bag of huel and thought I had zipped the bag closed.
Alas I didn’t … and I gave it a little shake (to mix the contents) I managed to spill 2-3 scoops of huel powder over me, the worktop and the floor :scream:
After a few choice words I went to get something to clean the mess up with. Within seconds our Labrador (a breed that will eat virtually anything!) was lapping up this power off the floor !!
I tried pushing her away but she was adamant she wanted the huel !
I managed to get dustpan and brush to clean up most of it … but our dog kept licking the floor!
Then she started to lick my legs and socks ! (I still had remnants of powder on me !!)
I’m assuming that there isn’t any ‘unsafe for dog’ chemicals in huel…
She eats anything (literally anything !!! :face_vomiting:
Anything that smells like food, anything foul smelling and even other dogs poop !) so I can only guess that the small amount of huel would be fine !!!

1 Like

Our dog used to love Huel ( she sadly passed on last year) I’m sure it isnt bad for them x

Lol
I mean… it wouldnt hurt a dog but dogs have different nutritional requirements… both by species and by age but I mean overall who knows. I just wouldnt want to smell those farts or poos after giving my dog water mixed huel powder lmao
Pure powder is a choking and breathing hazard

1 Like

It’s not a thing I would do … She has her own food !
Having seen what she was eating during our walk this morning, I think huel is the least of my worries :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

My dogs also love huel. I don’t actually feed it to them but I can’t leave a beaker of it unguarded or they would be all over it. My Staffie has wrecked 3 huel shakers by munching through them to get at the contents. I couldn’t swear to it but I don’t think it is toxic or dangerous for dogs. Certainly not in small quantities.

1 Like

Depends on how she passed on…!!

1 Like

Massive tumor in tummy/arthritis and doggy dementia :frowning: she lasted over a year past when she should’ve x she was old for her breed

Sorry to hear that…

1 Like

When my Huel arrives my dog always gets excited and gives it a good sniff. There is definitely something in there that really appeals to dogs!

2 Likes

My cat tried to eat the powder also

2 Likes

Mine too. In fact they try to open the box.

1 Like

My cats sit in the boxes…but they don’t show any interest in Huel.

3 Likes

Well, that’s cats for you. They might manage to feign interest if you served it to them on a silver platter!

3 Likes

IMG_20190209_112849 can confirm, dogs do love left over Huel! (U/U).

4 Likes