Huel and kefir 👍🏼

Just thought I’d share this: I’ve been using Huel for about 6 months now and boredom has been setting in. However, mixing standard vanilla Huel with milk kefir (homemade) has produced something really quite delectable.

The sweetness of the Huel has mitigates the bitterness of the kefir. The kefir makes the Huel creamier and more substantial without adding as many calories as milk. Not to mention the numerous health benefits of kefir. So the two make each other better. :blush:

9 Likes

That’s really interesting, especially that you make your own! What does kefir milk taste like? I have never heard of, or tried it!

I tried it but I didn’t much kefir it!!! [I’ll get my coat!]

FWIW Coconut water kefir is often thought to be better than dairy kefir. Kefir tastes a little like yogurt I would say…although I have never tried dairy version.

To me, kefyr tastes more like cheese than like yoghurt. Apparently it’s a nice thing to drink, with good protein % and some pro-biotic bugs in it.

A while back I mixed Huel with Skyr, the icelandic style yoghurt, that is a lot like greek but with lower fat%. That made a gunky mess in the kitchen but tasted nice. As a bonus, it’s so thick that it takes a long time to eat :slight_smile:

I wonder if the guys at Huel could look into the benefits of mixing huel with milk kefir and how long it will last after being mixed etc. Been using huel twice a day for over a year now and just started adding kefir to my diet for the probiotic / gut friendly bacteria benefits. Would be good if it can be mixed with huel and kept over night. Any other info would be great

2 Likes

I’ve been eating Kefir mixed with oats, chia seeds, milled linseeds, raw cacao and chopped prunes. I mix small quantities of each (2 Tbsp Oats; 300ml Kefir; 1Tsp Cacao; 1Tsp Milled Linseeds; 1Tsp chia; 5 chopped prunes) and put it in the fridge overnight. It’s a delicious combination. Haven’t tried Huel yet as I’m awaiting my first order to arrive but will give it a try with Kefir too!

1 Like

Tesco sell a litre bottle of kefir for, I think £1.50 and it’s very good. It’s a Polish brand. I make my own kefir every morning and my wife and I enjoy it with breakfast. We also make our own yoghurt too.

1 Like