Huel bars - including recipe and nutritional profile

This recipe is amazing, got a fudgey texture, I can definitely make my 12 scoops a day target by scoffing this. So quick to knock up to. I added a little cocoa powder and currents. Gona try swapping the apple sauce for other preserves, which will obviously ruin the sugar levels, but probably taste incredible.

Hereā€™s the recipe Iā€™m currently using, modified from @ryanhellyer 's experimental recipe. This makes a 2.7kg batch which Iā€™ve been freezing and consuming over 10-14 days:

Melt;
Dark chocolate (85%) 200g (1 part)
Jam 120g (2 parts)
Juice 1200ml (~6parts)

Mix;
Huel/protein mix 1200g (6 parts)
(Huel 800g + plantein 400g)

Macronutrients - per 100g
Calories: 395
Protein: 24.44g
Carbs: 31.11g
Fat: 20g
Sugar: 11g

Thanks for sharing your new recipe. Iā€™m surprised you added more protein to them, that is a lot of protein. I wouldnā€™t bother using multivitamin juice myself, since thereā€™s already plenty of vitamin fortification via the Huel itself.

I need to make up a new batch of bars myself. I got lazy after I bought some of the new vanilla flavoured lowā€™ish sugar Twenny bars, but I donā€™t think theyā€™re as healthy as the home made Huel bars. They do have a slight effect on my digestion system too (not really bad, but enough to make me never eat them for a whole day).

IMG_6704
I disagree thought,that one is Nutella :heart::joy: because of the hazelnuts inside so yummy :yum:

About eight years have passed since I posted my Huel bar attempt here. Since then Huel released the first version, which seemed to sorta bomb; they were crumbly and dry. Then there were some significant upgrades, but nothing to justify me eating them super regularly. Then today I came back to try the new Huel bars, and they are AMAZING! Not as nice to eat as a Snickers bar, but definitely top of the heap for me as far as mostly-healthy snacks go. Iā€™m definitely going to order more of these, and certainly wonā€™t be making any of my own bars again :slight_smile:

2 Likes