Huel Black Advice

Hi all,

I’ve incorporated Huel Black Edition into my diet as breakfast only. At first this was in a bid to loose some weight and reset my dieting habits after a well earnt binge after a rough few years and surgery. Safe to say it will be staying! I’ve had some really good improvements both physically and mentally with this, my weight’s stabilized and now finally starting to go down :tada: it’s really helped me get back on my feet, alot more than I anticipated.

I have Ulcerative Colitis, originally thought to be Crohn’s Disease, and now have an ileostomy which I’m likely to keep. I’ve had my whole large bowel removed so in theory I shouldn’t have any flair ups moving forward, and I’m now med free! Just learning and adapting to my new normal.

Now I’m looking at possibly using it for lunch aswell, starting off with just my office days, being 3 days a week, then increasing slowly. I’m looking for some feedback on how people have gotten on and reacted with 2 Huels a day? From those with IBD in particular would be great, but all are welcome :smiley:

I’m also tempted by the Daily Greens if anyone has any experiences to share on how they are getting on with it. I doubt I will be going 100% Huel as I just like my food too much :rofl: but I think I’ll benefit alot with my diet consisting mostly of it.

Extra Info:

• I make Huel with the standard two scoops and to the line with water - left overnight in the fridge seems good so far

• I’ve tried the H&S mac and cheeze only, this has put me off the lot so far

• The bars are nice but not sure I can justify the price atm, but they are really good in a pinch.

Thanks in advance for any and all info :slight_smile:

Jack

Huel Daily Greens is great. I’ve used DG before and to be honest many of them are really a chore to drink. Huels main competitor is also pleasant to drink but it is more expensive. Huel is actually palatable and has a mildly fruity taste. There is still an earthy undertone and I do use far less water than recommended which improves the taste (I expected it to be the opposite). I don’t drink it every day and I wouldn’t drink it for pleasure but I like it and hope it’s beneficial although I do have a relatively healthy (vegan) diet anyway.

1 Like

Glad to hear it! Seems a very good way to get alot of greens in, how come you don’t have it everyday?

The adaptogens in it seem really interesting, I’ve been looking into apoptogenic coffee aswell

While I generally have 2 Huel meals a day, I sometimes have 3 Huel meals a day or sometimes 2 and a Huel vitamin drink. So it’s a case of not needing it.

1 Like

Hey Jack :wave:

So pleased to hear you’ve seen benefits to incorporating Black Edition into your diet :blush:

Generally for individuals with IBD, Huel can be a great option as it’s high in fibre, which supports bowel health. We do recommend exercising caution and perhaps minimising Huel if you’re experiencing a flare-up, as low-fibre diets are often preferable here, but as you mention you’re unlikely to experience these going forward, knock yourself out!

I think your gradual approach is a fantastic idea here - perhaps enjoy a Huel lunch one day and then take a couple of days break, and continue to work your way up while monitoring how you’re feeling. :yum:

1 Like