Huel Black pouch open for 55 days - still safe?

Hi,

I opened my Huel Black UU pouch on 20.12.2020, had some, closed the zip and put it in my kitchen cabinet. Today I was going to have some more, but immediately noticed the zip had opened and the pouch was open. I inspected the zip and it seemed to be in perfect condition, no powder stuck anywhere, but for what ever reason it just doesn’t stay shut. Pops open every time I turn my eye.

Question: WHY? I haven’t had this problem before.
Question 2: Is this safe to consume? It doesn’t smell or look bad, but I’d rather ask before taking my chances. Should I consume the remaining 1.4kg as fast as possible?
Question 3: was there a pouch / closing mechanism redesign in the works?

Thanks in advance.

1. Maybe just a fault on that one bag

2. if its been kept in a cool/dry/dark place should be fine

3. yes - see here

1 Like

Sorry for this @Jonkki that’s real annoying, I’m sure it’s just a faulty pouch, perhaps decant it into a sealable container or get a few food clips/pegs to seal it. We’re working on a better sealing pouch, don’t worry.

This made me chuckle, perhaps it’s the same person opening your Huel pouch who hides one of every sock that goes in the washing machine.

2 Likes

Hi Tim. I also wanted to make Huel aware that it’s happened to me too. I have seen the faulty sealing in 8 out of 10 Black Editions I have tried with in the last few months.

I’m glad you are aware of this and already working on improving the zip of these pouches. :blush:

1 Like

I thought it was just me, and hence assumed I was just not able to close it properly. This makes me feel better tbh.

2 Likes

Is it possible there are some differences between Black and regular what comes to packaging?

Mine are ok if I give the zip closure a good flick where powder collects.

1 Like

They’re the same pouches, just different colour. As James has said on the thread Phil linked to, it’s in the works and should be solved soon!

Don’t worry @surrealsai it’s not just you! But do make sure the seam is cleared of powder, using the tip of a knife or credit card, or as Bee says, a good flick. Also, happy anniversary!

1 Like

Thanks Tim! I didn’t even realise. Good thing a customer randomly brought some Krispy Kreme doughnuts in for me, I’ll use those to celebrate!

I tried that, I think my bag doesn’t like me :frowning:

1 Like

Happy Hueliversary from me too @surrealsai. Here have another slice :cake:

1 Like

Thanks @Bee! :slight_smile:

1 Like