Huel Chocolate RTD is Go

This was my berry solution

A tiny pot of cacao ready mixed into water.
I carry it separately in my bag and tip it into the berry RTD upon opening it :laughing:
I do chill the berry - itā€™s nicer cold. I keep it next to a mini carton of frozen apple juice to keep it cold in my bag.

4 Likes

Lol I am not as addicted to chocolate/cacao as you are @ChristinaT :rofl:

5 Likes

@bee :joy::joy::joy: I know lol but itā€™s a good solution to the berry RTD being too sweet.
Iā€™m actually really enjoying berry plus cacao now lol. It is a bit of a pain having to mess with the cacao tho when Iā€™m out. I end up getting chocolate everywhere!
Tastes lush tho :grin:

3 Likes

Right I am now the proud owner of some Chocolate RTDā€¦I was meant to get it 8 days ago, but the DPD driver tried to deliver it to wrong place, not sure what has happened to the 2 regular drivers but he was new. I was then away for a week so only received it on Monday (another new driver on his first day)ā€¦and have only just got around to refrigerating it yesterday, to drink for lunch today.

Itā€™s great. The texture is to me the same as the berry and vanilla, smooth and velvety, totally different to the texture of powdered Huel.

The chocolate taste is rich and a cross between a dark and milk I guess, with it being nearer a dark chocolate (and I am saying milk from the perspective of vegan milk style, as I have not eaten dairy milk chocolate for decades. I left some to reach room temp. and the chocolate flavour is a little more pronounced, but I prefer drinking it colder; having said that in real life scenario when I drink RTD it is often at room temperature. It is far better tasting than the chocolate powder.

@ChristinaT mentioned a distinctive and underlying under- and aftertaste across the range and I can definitely see what she means, although I donā€™t find it unpalatable, it is definitely there and I am not sure what ingredient(s) is responsible.

Itā€™s definitely a winner.

In order of preference then:
Chocolate
Berry
Vanilla

although I have started to appreciate the vanilla more recently.

4 Likes

That strange underlying taste is what put me off to start with. Thought the taste was more pronounced with the chocolate than I remember with my one sample bottle of vanilla. Mind you, I find I can tolerate it better now. After a few bottles it is growing on me. I have a case of berry arriving tomorrow so will see how I get on with that.

4 Likes

Yes it is an unusual taste, but to me it is not unpleasant, and it does linger for quite a log time. I donā€™t find it a case of ā€œtoleratingā€ it.

I like the berry a lot tooā€¦a close second. The vanilla lags behind, although original vanilla powder is still my favourite of all the flavoured powders.

2 Likes

Hey @Dan_Huel will the new Chocolate RTD be added on the single bottle purchase option? I see itā€™s still just Vanilla and Berry.

3 Likes

Right sorry I didnā€™t do a review for ages. Chocolate RTD is great. Go try some. Yum yum. Thatā€™s my review thanks for watching. Donā€™t forget to hit subscribe.

3 Likes

and that bell icon to get notifications for the next review.

Not at the moment, but it may be in the future. Itā€™s sorting out logistics, demand and ops while still trying to work out the demand for a newly released product thatā€™s the tricky bit.

@Dan_Huel when can we expect this in the EU store?

We are working on it, again it falls down to sorting logistics, ops and production which differs quite a lot from the UK.

2 Likes

Chocolate is the best RTD Flavour!
All we need is chocolate banana! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Received my chocolate Huel on Saturday. Itā€™s lush! Reminds me of the chocolate porridge I used to have as a kid :smiley:

Itā€™s amazing to have a really tasty alternative to the berry. I find the vanilla undrinkable.

Also, REALLY pleased to see a much higher fibre content in the chocolate. Can you bring this to berry one too?

@cdharris I think the nutritional profile (including fibre) of all the flavours is the same (?)
Did you get the chocolate powder or the bottled chocolate RTD?

RTD - thereā€™s 8g of fibre in the chocolate vs 5g in berry.

2 Likes

So there is: 8.2 vs 5.1. I hadnā€™t noticed

Same hereā€¦
Well spotted @cdharris !

I just assumed all flavours would be near identical - like the powder

Whoā€™s got a bottle of vanilla then?
Whatā€™s the fibre in that?

5.7g (and more words)

1 Like

Just put an order in for 2 bags of powder and now see you can order a single bottle of chocolate RTD as well as the other 2 flavours. Still Ā£3.50 each. Canā€™t wait to try it :smiley:

2 Likes