Huel Dispenser - anyone tried the IDM Pro Portion?

Thank you Andrew for your words. I dont get distracted by negative People.
I only wanted to tell you guys that i found a solution for this Problem.

Once i have the Landing page Ready i will let you know.

regards

2 Likes

Youā€™re supposed to laugh at inventors and call them crazy. It puts fire in their belly!

If @Philipp.Thā€™s idea is good, he will have the last laugh. I hope it is.

2 Likes

Like Alonzo Phillips, who patented the first safety match in 1834. His idea was considered dangerous. Town fathers denounced matches, stores would not sell them, railroads refused to ship them.

Perhaps they were all being lobbied by local flint suppliersā€¦.

Even poor old Thomas Edison faced a backlash when developing the first practical electric light bulb - not everyone was impressed. A British Parliament Committee noted in 1878 that Edisonā€™s light bulb was ā€œgood enough for our Transatlantic friendsā€¦ but unworthy of the attention of practical or scientific men.ā€

The Wright Brothers flew the first airplane in 1903 but after the first 12 second flight, the plane was widely derided and dismissed as an interesting scientific toy of no significant value.

In the early 1750s, people hurled trash and insults at the first man who used an umbrella in British streets. The umbrella, then known as a waterproof, lightweight version of a parasol, had yet to shed its gendered associations. Users were ridiculed by coach drivers who felt threatened by this device.

Letā€™s not even get started on vaccinesā€¦ā€¦

2 Likes

never used one - but there are a variety of scoops on the market that also weigh at the same time - no clue how good they are but I guess they are cheap enough to dabble and seeā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™m not saying itā€™s a bad idea, I was just a bit triggered by the comment that ā€œit takes too much timeā€ to make.

I timed myself this morning, from start to finish, with taking the bags etc. included, it took me 1 minute and 16 seconds to scoop (with the regular scoop!) to take my Huel powder for breakfast, lunch and a snack (5 scoops in total in three different boxes). I also measured my scooping accuracy. I scooped 10 scoops and weighed them. The average was 39.5 grams with a standard error of 3.2 grams. Not bad I think. Or maybe Iā€™m just a scooping proā€¦?

Neither my kitchen nor my arm was covered in a significant layer of Huel, so thatā€™s that.

Letā€™s assume I had to add some FB, then it maybe would have taken me 1 min 30 seconds and on a bad day 2 min? Not bad for three meals worth.

Iā€™m not saying a dispenser is a bad idea, I just think that in my case, itā€™s unneccasery.

2 Likes

Exactly. Same here!

1 Like

Myself I scoop from the bags without issues and rarely a mess.
So I canā€™t say I disagree with the critics here.
Containers and dispensers have been discussed more than once, so Iā€™d like to ask you to value their opinions.

That said, I would be interested to see the product on KS.
If I consider it a good one, Iā€™ll be sure to back it.

3 Likes

Wouldnā€™t something like that present even more of a challenge to the people you have mentioned?

no - having a single action, fixed dispenser would be easier to use in much the same way as other kitchen aids are

What about filling? The powder still has to get from bag to dispenser.

obviously yes - but this is a one time action as opposed to having to scoop it out every time you use it. same principle as electric kettles designed for mobility impaired people - they donā€™t fill themselves but donā€™t need lifting every time you pour a cup.

1 Like

I get my husband to fill the cereal boxes then I just shake it out, Iā€™d drop a whole bag due to weight so have little cereal boxes with like a third of a bag.

Iā€™d rather fill a dispenser once a week or whatever than faff around with the bags daily. Most people who need serious aids on a daily basis have someone in from time to time filling them. Iā€™m still looking for a good dispenser and my hands are just mildly crap. I drop the scoops and all sorts, at least if I drop the box not a lot comes out of the small opening lol.

I can see the snark but I can also see the use for such things.