Huel Dispenser - anyone tried the IDM Pro Portion?

I have been struggling many years with Huel Supplement Pouches & regular Protein Containers.

It takes to much time to prepare and it is always a mess in the kitchen.

THE GOOD NEWS!!!

I will be launching this summer a 3 in 1 Supplement Dispenser on KICKSTARTER which solves all the Problems mentioned above. I cant wait to show it to you.

I will Keep you guys updated.

Have a good day

1 Like

People must have very short hands if their sleeves are going into the bag when scooping!

This sounds as though someone is trying to solve a problem that really doesnā€™t affect too many people.

Not in my experience. No struggle or mess in my kitchen. A tiny bit of powder may escape during transfer to shaker/blender but thatā€™s not a huge problem, surely. If I bake a cake I expect to get a bit of flour on the work surface. Thatā€™s the nature of powdered ingredients and/or my own clumsiness.

4 Likes

The bags are pretty deep. I roll up my sleeve before I get stuck in.

Maybe Huel should make a scoop with a telescoping handle, so we could scoop from a safe distance or even a neighbourā€™s kitchen.

6 Likes

Seriously? Or am I the only one why finds this a bit, eh, exaggerated.

5 Likes

I taped my scoop onto one of those telescopic backscratcher things. Works a treat. I only ever used it for scratching my arse, so it saved taking it to the charity shop.

5 Likes

It is not a hugh problem but it is annoying if i prepare 3 times a day a shake for home or to travel.
A little bit of powder turns into a lot of powder for me to be honest as im clumsy and usually in a rush.

Lets say if you have a lot of Supplements at home it can get very messy and takes a lot of time.
The Dispenser which i will launch will let you prepare any dosage 10 times faster with
0 % mess in compare to a normal Scoop.

You could have a potential mess when decanting Huel powder into the dispenser. Plus thereā€™s the cost. I assume this is going to cost a great deal more than a cereal storer.

1 Like

I had an idea to fix that, and will be making a Kickstarter next week. Itā€™s a giant cylinder large enough for a human to stand inside. You go in with your Huel bag (naked, to avoid sleeve dirtiness) and while inside you decant the Huel into @Philipp.Thā€™s new Decanter. Then you leave the tube, with the filled Decanter, and you throw the big tube into a skip.

You may step in some Huel on your way out but I will also be selling a special foot bath.

1 Like

I actually have 6 bags of Huel on the go at the moment. Does each one hold 3 full bags? If so I will need to buy two of them? Will there be a discount?

Have you tried rolling up your shirt sleeve to avoid a messy sleeve?

Iā€™ve been using an ice-cream scoop since somebody brought the idea up in this forum. Itā€™s almost teleskop-ey.

You know Huel isnā€™t a supplement, right?

Unlike everyone else though, Iā€™m excited by your invention. Iā€™m assuming it dispenses the exact amount of powder, and the exact amount of water, mixes it perfectly, and dispenses it into my mouth without spilling a drop. And then washes itself up and brushes my teeth.

Iā€™d like to buy two. One for the kitchen and one for my bedroom for those days when Iā€™m too lazy to get out of bed to eat.

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget the exact amount of cacao powder too!

1 Like

Well of course - thatā€™s a given. Thatā€™s the 3 in 1: Huel, water, cacao

3 Likes

Jesus people on this thread are sassy! If itā€™s not of any interest to you and you donā€™t see the point, just move along and let others do their thing?

@Philipp.Th - Welcome to the Huel community! :smile:
I appreciate that youā€™re actually hoping to launch something on kickstarter which could make Huel more convenient for some people, and hope you follow through and make a success of it.
Donā€™t listen to the naysayers here, plenty of people use the same ā€œwhatā€™s the pointā€ / ā€œmy way is fineā€ arguments to argue against all sorts of products (including Huel itselfā€¦) - however, the best way to find out if there actually is a market for a product is to try and sell it!

At the end of the day, if you launch it on kickstarter and find there isnā€™t enough demand for it to be funded and manufactured, that out-of-pocket risk is on you, not the others being sarcy in this thread.

When I opened up this question 4 years ago (!) I knew there would be folks who would get defensive, or suggest thereā€™s no point, suggest they have the perfect scooping technique or workaround involving other scoops, etc. - but I never expected the level of negativity and sarcasm :frowning:

Reading back through the thread, thereā€™s obviously at least a few people here who share my frustration and would love to find an ideal dispenser, so why not just let those folks try and help each other to find or manufacture a solution which works for us?

On that note, this is my current solution, but honestly itā€™s pretty crap and doesnā€™t really solve the problem very well at all as it still gets powder all over the place and often clogs up, causing me to still have far more hassle with it than I want:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1VpEx1mEqm4D6feV7

If you manage to get a decent product up on Kickstart @Philipp.Th, let me know and Iā€™ll definitely back it! :smile:

Cheers,
Andrew

4 Likes

I totally agree - the snark is a little excessive around here!

I personally would have no use for a product like that but I could see it being useful for people with limited mobility, poor dexterity, shakey hands, the badly arthritic, etc. Not to mention the people who just really really like convenience and minimal effort. If a one twist dispenser gets people drinking their Huel/improving their diet/actually eating when theyā€™d otherwise skip a meal, then its totally useful!

@Philipp.Th best of luck with your kickstarter and good on you for attempting to break into that niche market.

2 Likes

Anyone who creates an account purely to post spam and advertise their own product, is inviting some friendly ribbing!
I donā€™t think Phillip actually uses Huel himself, or he wouldnā€™t refer to it as a supplement or protein powder (I could be wrong, but a fair assumption none the less).
He only read two threads - both about dispensers, so Iā€™m assuming was directed here via a google search related to powder dispensers and didnā€™t come here because of a specific interest in Huel.

In actual fact, all of us that have had some humour on this topic, have previously discussed storage containers and dispensers for Huel, and probably would be interested in such a product if it was any good.

So - the ā€˜sassā€™ is not because we are disinterested in this kind of product, but because he appears to have come to the forum to post spamā€¦

7 Likes

Nice try Christina. I do use Huel myself sinc one year i just dont have time to spend hours here and comment on different Topics.
As im not the only one struggling with Powder all over i found this Forum.
So i invented a new way of dispensing .

Anyway i will keep you guys updated.

All the best :wink:

1 Like