Huel Essential

In order to cut down on the vending machine crap I’ve been consuming plus to reduce both my financial expenditure a expanding waste line I decided to check out meal replacements again.

Having bought and enjoyed huel before I was quite pleased to see a low cost version so grabbed a bag each of chocolate and vanilla. The free bottle is quite nice.

For taste, the vanilla is quite similar in taste to the standard huel I had been eating a few years back, it mixed very easily, the vanilla taste is very subtle but there and pleasantly oaty.

Chocolate doesn’t actually taste that much like chocolate to me, more vaguely like coconut maybe. Still a subtle taste and entirely pleasant, just not really chocolate! The chocolate seems to need a bit more shaking and leaves the odd small clump.

In terms of satiety, again it reminds me of the standard I had consumed before, shuts my stomach up for a few hours.

No tummy or digestive issues noticed at all, other than the fibre having the usual positive effects.

In all very pleased with it, no brainer for the money and far superior to other cheap huealalikes I’ve tried.

3 Likes

yeah - I only tried one bag of Essential and it too reminded me more of the original Original than the current one - that said, I do like the ‘new’ Original more.

Glad to hear you’re a fan!

Just to ask, what improvements would you like to see to the chocolate? :heart:

The taste could stand being more pronounced I guess! Upon reflection it kind of reminds me of a very faint sniff of cooking milk chocolate. My first reaction to it was confusion and thinking it was coconut. The low level of sweetening is however spot on.

It’s entirely pleasant so its more of a comment and not a complaint.