Huel Fitness Thread

Many thanks, mate. That’s exactly what I intend to do, just some chest workouts, triceps, biceps and so on. I am trying to avoid squat or deadlift, but they are my favourites workouts :(. The key would be to avoid exercises that implies abs in my opinion.

I will tell you how my injury is evolving in order to be able to advice any mate who has the same “problem” (not a problem really).

1 Like

If it’s any consolation I’ve had a few injuries to my Abs and obliques before, and I’ve torn both hamstrings before that, so I get the challenge of working around such things.

As it’s already been said just do what you can that doesn’t require abdominal activation to do so, I found doing a lot of stuff sat down helpful, so seated dumbbell shoulder press for example and so on, maybe using machines more if you have access to them might be an idea since again that’ll remove having to stabilize the core on certain movements.

Again, always check with your Dr’s etc, we’re only well intentioned guys on the Internet, not medical professionals. :slight_smile:

Hi, mate. Very funny your last paragraph, you made me laugh. Absolutely right, I’ve checked with my Dr, but he’s extremely cautious, what is normal. That’s the reason why I’m looking for similar experiences, just for learning purposes.

I’ll keep you posted. I’ve just start training and my goal would be to recover my numbers in two months (too optimistic maybe :)).

I hope Huel helps me to maintain my body weight in the meantime.

Have a nice Sunday!

Haha, glad my humour is of use!

Yeah recovering from things like this sucks, it’s horrible tbh.

If you have lost strength and/or hypertrophy then don’t panic, 2 months is reasonable enough, might happen sooner might take longer, just remember not to rush that’s the key.

Muscle memory is also a thing too don’t forget, you’ll find with decent nutrition (huel) it’ll take a while before you lose size, you’ll lose pump quickly, but that’s another thing altogether.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Yes i use it mainly for convenience and because it is nutritionally awesome.

I typically have or breakfast or lunch (often both) and as an ad-hoc meal.

I train both strength and endurance work (think power-lifting and ironman triathlons) and I’m 98ishkg with 9/10percent bodyfat. My calorie expenditure is pretty high at base so once you add in exercise it becomes a lot of calories and I enjoy cooking a nice dinner but not cooking all the time! Therefore Huel fits perfectly for me and actually is pretty cost effective too.

I’ve been using Huel for 2-3 of my daily meals for the last few months now, and also combining triathlon training, progressing in the gym, and fat loss over that period. I’ve been seeing progress in all three areas (though I’m pretty much still a newbie in the gym and triathlon departments, bar running), and not really running out of energy.

Huel keeps me full and gives me energy, whilst avoiding energy swings, and means I can concentrate at work. My life is also pretty busy and often stressful, and Huel means I don’t have to think about how I’m going to fuel myself through the day.

The only problem I have is that moment when you’re suddenly hungry and the temptation to run to the nearest takeaway is strong. But on the days when I overcome (95% of the time, honestly…) it does fill me up.

The other thing I’ve noticed is that I’m not eating as much as I would do at buffets or Pizza Hut. So, I guess, win-win?

2 Likes