Huel Granola feedback

I like the granola, I eat it with a little yogurt and honey.
I would like the granola to be available in a (much) larger bag.

3 Likes

Granola Q ? - Firstly I love the taste of unflavoured Huel but I must be honest I am not enjoying the taste of the Natural or the Berry flavour Granola! I love plain foods and porridges and am def not a lover of heavy flavours I enjoy. Am I doing something wrong here?

Sorry @dgee111 and @ap7663 you aren’t getting along with the Granola, this is our first version as Huelers know we’re always looking to improve and release new versions to improve it.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the email – I tasted really odd tbh and couldn’t finish a bowl, as I said the weird thing is that I am very happy using plain Huel. I don’t eat sugared cereals etc so I’m not a high flavour junky!

D

I’m on my third box now. First box of berry was fine, but also thought there was a bit too much powder in some bowls, I assumed I didn’t shake it well enough. Second box of regular granola, gave it a good shake each day and no issues, and I was surprised at how much I preferred the flavour vs berry. Third box opened today, back to berry, no issues so far.

If I were being really fussy, and I don’t want to encourage the use of more non-recyclable plastic, but the bag is quite small, so if you open it for your first bowl, then want to shake it before your second bowl, it’s quite hard to clamp the bag closed in your hand and for there to be enough free space left in the bag to shake! I ended up using a plastic food bag clip. But that’s REALLY fussy feedback!

just want to say I love the unflavoured granola. It tasted like a bowl of seeds which I really enjoyed. Much better than the berry one.

2 Likes

:+1: I need more bigger boxes. Why not in big pouches, like the Powder?

1 Like

I don’t understand why some people are having a problem with the granola and the nutrition powder. So long as you shake the bag before every serving, it’s fine. I love the berry taste too. Excellent. I will be continuing with this.

1 Like

Same here, those regular boxes lose the point of Huel

1 Like

We wanted the Granola to be comparative to granola you buy in the supermarkets. Increased box size means that the price would go up per box, the idea of paying £6-£7 for a box of granola is not feasible for many. We wanted to be inline with the industry. Also, 420g is a week’s worth of Granola!

Hope that makes sense!

Not much Tim… The price also is high for the granola… The actual price would be great if the box could fit 700g but 400g is being one more company in the food industry, a typical bad one I mean.

If we consume Huel is because we dont like how is managed nowadays, with tons of food waste, with bad quality food and with millions of packagings full of plastics and air. If you could at least offer a big box to reduce these effects could be great… And the price, again is high for the granola, Huel is much cheaper for what it does

It’s very expensive. I can’t describe the taste as it’s more than tasteless, it’s offputting, powdery but at the same time off-putting. I tried layering it with a stupid amount of honey & Mapel syrup and it still made the bowl of cereal taste bad. It’s strange how you add sweetener to it to mask the taste and it tastes worse.

I understand you’re in a tricky place. You have to balance taste with the right ingredients to be healthy and natural.

1 Like

I hear you and I’m sorry that you aren’t pleased with the price, but we aren’t going to be able to half the price of our Granola, sorry.

Huel Granola does work out the same per 500kcal as Huel Powder (£1.60/500kcal)

I look forward of the granola, but I would like to buy in bigger packages. I use a recipient about 2 liters and a half to store cereals and I would like to start doing the same with the granola, but I would need 4 granola bags to fill the recipient… I dont like that idea, the whole point of Huel is missed.

1 Like

Sure, @Tim_Huel, I truly understand your point. But, as a subscriber, I would be more than happy to receive my 5-weeks dose in pouches. You know, here in France, we have granolas in the supermarkets that already are in pouches, not boxes. That is easier to store and easier to have big quantity (1 kg pouch would be fine!).

Anyway, I love my Huel Granola, whatever package you use!

2 Likes

I find it perfectly fine to eat and even quite tasty. I add about 150ml of unsweetened almond milk to 60g of berry granola and it’s just enough to fill me up and keeps hunger at bay til lunch. Price-wise I found it to be the same as regular Huel if you balance out how many calories you’re getting from it.

I am a very picky eater (like, imagine 6 year old child fussy) and am happy to report that I am enjoying the Original Granola. I’m having a 60g serving with 100ml rice milk.
I leave it to stand for 10 minutes or so before eating and find it really quite enjoyable. I eat it slowly and it fills me up nicely too.

I have been having the standard granola with blue berries and meridien peanut butter drizzled over the blue berries. Its super good and I eat it a lot. But when I think about it, when I find something I like I don’t really eat anything else, like spinach and ricotta tortellini, have been eating that my whole life and I still love it!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I like the Berry granola. I do use coconut milk, which adds to the flavour. Personally, I’d like it to have larger granola chunks but that’s just me. It is a bit powdery sometimes but I just inhale it anyway!

1 Like

I love both granolas and alternate them for breakfast. I add 100ml almond or coconut milk (mostly almond) and let it sit for a little while before eating. I stick to the same routine every morning. Weigh and add milk to granola, leave to soak, make up lunchtime shake and place in fridge. By which time granola is perfect and ready to eat :yum:

1 Like