Huel Guffs

Sounds like mixed results from the Beano.

I might try the recently released rival product to Huel.

I don’t think its brand loyalty. We just want to use Huel because it ticks all the boxes, but are having problems with bad wind.

Interestingly enough tonight has been like the good old days. Or bad old days as my wife would say.
I still think Beano helps but it’s not perfect. Be interested to hear how you get on with the alternative

I’ve just ordered the alternative. It’s a 1KG bag so about 10 servings.

Will try one a day to start with and see how I get on!

With the change to v2.0/2.1 my gut problems are disappeared!
I check it twice against a v1.2 bag, and it’s confirmed, the new formula doesn’t transform my gut in a gas/diarrhea factory :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That’s good. I tried the v2 gluten free and still had the same problem.

3 hours ago I drank my first 100g of the rival product.

I’m already producing the worst smells ever! What the hell is in this stuff?!?

Must be the pea protein?

Update: day two went well. Had the drink in the late afternoon and no guffs or anything like that.

I did make the drink in the morning and left it to sit until I drank it - maybe that helped? Also did a massive dump so that probably cleaned the chamber so to speak. Will see how I get on today.

Update: day three going well. Had 100g with 400ml of water about 8 hours ago and nothing out of the ordinary happening.

Update: day four still going strong. Sticking with 100g a day and leaving it to see for a good few hours before drinking. Nothing out of the ordinary. Still the usual guffs from eating regular food, but none of the Huel smells or guffs from the first day. Will ride this 10 day experiement out then try eating some flax seeds to see if that is the issue. Then maybe try Huel again?

Update: day five (22-03-17): still going strong - not constipated and not windy (no more than normal) Will aim for 2 x 100 g shakes tomorrow as will be out and about all day! Wish me luck.

Update day six (23-03-17): no problems to report - had two shakes yesterday as was about and about all day - 100g x 2. Nothing to report and the following day no more wind than normal and definately none with the Huel/MRP shake stench. Even went to BJJ and people in my deep guard but never even had to struggle to avoid guffing off in their face!

I think I’ve got one more portion of this stuff left. I’m torn between ordering another bag or trying Huel again. £45 is a lot to spend on something that could end up in the bin if I get a bad reaction from again. Any plans to do a 1KG bag of Huel?

I ‘think’ for me my guffs are a lot more pungent on v2.1 vanilla then they were on v1.2 as I’ve had them back to back.

What’s the main difference in formula?

Either that, or this? Or maybe a combination of the two compounding each other?

Thanks for the link. Once I’m through with this batch of the rival product I will experiment with flax seeds on their own and see what happens.

I’m still on my last bag of 1.2 at 100% Huel, and my guffs could fix North Korea. Since reading this thread I’ve been to Holland & Barrett and added 2 healthy bacteria tablets and 1 sogar enzyme digestion tablet into my daily intake, but 3 days of that hasn’t changed the wind. (Didn’t Skorpian write a song about that?)

Next week I start on 2.1 so we’ll see.

I’m still yoyoing from constipation to explosive liquidness, but hey ho it’s in a good cause

Sorry to hear that! Have you tried the Beano type products?

I’ve had good results from the My Protein stuff and have nearly finished my 1KG bag.

I’m tempted to order some Huel and try it again in case my guts have gotten better at this sort of thing - but £45 is quite a lot to risk.

I think the enzymes in Sogar do a similar thing to beano. At least that was the plan…

Ah right. I did try some NOW papaya enzhymes last time I tried Huel to no avail. Let us know how get on.

I finished my bag of My Protein Whole Fuel and after the first day, didn’t have any guffs.

The main difference was on the first day, I blended it up and drank it right away, quite quickly.

The rest of the time I blended it up and left it so sit for a few hours before drinking it fairly slowly.

On the last day, I repeated the first day and blended it up and drank it straight after. I was guffing off a bit after that but didn’t get that protein/Huel stench. Plus I ate a lot of bread on that day so it could’ve been that.

I’ve ordered another 1KG bag from MyProtein as I love being able to ‘eat’ out during the day without having to spend £5 on a sandwich or eat some junk for a few quid.

I would get Huel but I can’t really risk spending £45 to find out if I’m cured or not. Anyone want to split a bag of Huel? I’m after 1KG.

This is my post on the rival product.

I’d just like to say a week taking the tablets below have made absolutely no difference to the pace, velocity, noise or smell of my huel Parps.

Last night a careless arm my wife rested on my belly in bed caused a near divorce causing explosion.

I’d also add that moving to Julian’s low carb high fat Hack has also not had a beneficial effect either (though no worse)

I’m 3 weeks in to almost 100% Huel so plenty of time for adjustment to have occurred

1 Like

Those are the same supplements I tried!

When I quit Huel I also took the Udos Choice Super probiotics which have to be kept in the fridge. That sorted me out. Although I did stop Huel at the same time so it was probably that! Could’ve saved £25!

I’m just on my second bag of MyProtein Whole Fuel and no guffs to report apart from two days when I drank it straight from the blender rather than waiting for it to settle/thicken.

Have you been letting the Huel sit before drinking it?

1 Like

Hey Joe

(Tempted by a jimmy Hendrix lyric now)

Yup I make all 3 shakes the night before in the blender and let them sit.

I think it’s just one of those things.
And that ain’t too cool (Sorry couldn’t resist)

But as long as weight is falling off, noxious fumes and I tell you no lie when I say my colleagues actually boarded up the internal windows between the men’s loos and the workshop today because of my fumes, are just something I have to put up with…

Fair enough!

Just so you know I’m not exaggerating…

2 Likes

Gluten intolerance or Celiachia can caus educhi problems. Are you having the gluten free version? Do you have such problems with other foods?