Huel Guffs

Wow, that is extreme!

I’ve tried the gluten free version and it was the same.

I can get bad wind from food too, but nothing like the problems I have with Huel.

1 Like

Just an update. After swapping to the low carb Hack, the wind is finally gone. I’m 90% huel (hacked) and all settled down now.

@Adam_Ososki Wow, that’s great! What low carb hack did you do?

What carbs in Huel could’ve been causing it? The oats and their fibre?

I was using 45g Huel with 40g of vegan protein powder (which tastes foul on its own), and 15g of desiccated coconut. This comes to 431kcals (23g carbs, 17g fat and 45g protein)

I’ve since tried 45g Huel, 25g of vegan protein powder and 30g almond butter. This comes to 469kcals (22g carbs, 23g fat and 40g protein). I prefer this!

We’ve already talked about this together here Lo Carb Huel version? JCW lol…

Doh, will have to give this a shot!

Hi @Adam_Ososki is this still working for you?

I’ve just got some vanilla Huel 2.1 to give it another try and 3 days in and its guff city here!

Would like to try your blend if its still working? Cheers!

Yup, I definitely don’t have any issues in that area, except normal male levels…

I’m down to one shake a day, and a lo carb high fat evening meal, and maintaining weight.

Hmm, thanks. Maybe I will give it a go.

Any particular brand/type of protein you’d recommend?

Thanks.

I’ve recently gone from about six scoops of huel a day to 10, and there have been more trumps in my house than there are in the White House. Hopefully it will settle down soon!

Sorry, didn’t spot this. I order the protein isolate 90 from Bulk Powders. Lots of cool flavours and almost always a 30% discount to be had on the right day… and I get fine desiccated coconut from https://www.healthysupplies.co.uk

Have you tried adding olive oil?

Thanks, will take a look.