Huel - original vanilla - OMG

I started on the new vanilla Huel and unsweetened, experimenting to get the balance right. I figured out what worked for me (1.5 vanilla, 1.5 unsweetened) and then started adding flavour boosts.

On its own, unsweetened was horrible. While new vanilla on its own was just way too sweet and artificial.

Out of curiousity, I bought a bag of original vanilla and… damn.

This is really good stuff. Even on its own, it’s pretty good, but when you add a flavour boost it’s outright enjoyable. Last night I made three scoops of original vanilla Huel with 600ml of water, adding one tsp of chocolate flavour boost, and left in the fridge overnight. This morning, it was delicious.

I’m not going back to unsweetened and new vanilla again.

All my Huel money from now on is going on original vanilla. Please Huel - never stop making it.

8 Likes

Just got 16 bags of the new vanilla, definitely not as nice as the original vanilla. New vanilla, it’s a lot stronger vanilla flavour and a lot more artificial tasting, still got 15.5 bags left to go through lol before I can go back to the original.

3 Likes

I really loved original vanilla when it came out. I recently ran out of new and improved and had a bag of the original vanilla leftover and I’ve been struggling with it compared the new one. Actually I can’t wait until it’s done so I can reorder the new and improved again.

2 Likes

So pleased you’re loving the Original but also that you managed to find a way to enjoy your New & Improved Huel. As I always say, it’s about finding what’s right for you, there’s no one perfect way to enjoy Huel!

You can just send them back to us and we will replace them, so long as it’s within 30 days!
Our returns/refund policy and instructions can be found here: Returns Policy – Huel

1 Like

I happily drinking it all, just not as happy as original Vanilla :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree with you, I really liked the original vanilla before it was even called original, I just tried the new vanilla and I am so thankful that they decided to keep the original vanilla as an option, I too find the new vanilla too sweet, also somehow a bit more watery, like it doesn’t have the same consistency. It won’t go to waste though, I’ll drink it all but won’t be repeating the new vanilla, will go back to the original.

4 Likes

I agree, It tastes too much like I am drinking a sweet shop. Defo going back to original vanilla once this bag runs out.

Weird, the same happened to me. I thought new and improved was too sweet etc and I would be all over the original vanilla… but since trying to “switch back” to original vanilla I’ve got cravings for that sweet sweet new and improved flavour haha

2 Likes

I’ve been using Huela for 1.5 years, but this new vanilla flavor is absolutely great. It’s perfectly tasty to me ;-)) :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I ordered one bag of each flavour for my first order and have been comparing each one as well as trying combinations.

My favourite is U/U.
I quite like Original Vanilla, especially 50/50 with U/U
New Vanilla is almost undrinkable. Tastes very sweet and chemically. I’m using it up by adding it to U/U and also cooking with it.

Luckily I’ve found a cookie recipe that suits New Vanilla and which my OH enjoys.

3 Likes

So funny, look at my last post, I am saying the exact opposite. To me the original is way too sweet and the flavor boosters can’t be felt because of how chemical the taste is!

1 Like