Huel Powder v2.3 Coffee Flavour

Hey guys, you beat me to the official forum post!

And, to coincide, we have an new article: Health Benefits of Coffee

Damn, the week after I kicked my caffeine habit and went through the headaches. Trying to tempt me back! Looking forward to hearing what people think of this, as I love some instant coffee in my huel from time to time.

1 Like

@JamesCollier is coffee based on new improved or original though?

Heh, I drink my coffee way stronger than that :wink:

But I think for the majority, 90mg is going to be just about right and will save me the effort of making a coffee to add to Huel first thing. can’t wait to try this. Out of interest; was any consideration given to including L-Theanine at all?

1 Like

It is a different vanilla inclusion, but the vanilla is the same as the newer Vanilla.

There was no consideration to theanine. Why?

Caffeine mixed with theanine is one of the best mix in the nootropic world. Would be good, but I dont see that in the product, there is no need, if you want just add yourself I guess

I know JJ uses Beta-alanine in their caffinated shake but not sure what it does

It’s kind of a beginners nootropic and taking the two together is known to improve cognition and attention.

Depends what folk are aiming for with their coffee drinking of course, but I tend to have L-Theanine 2:1 with caffeine, really cuts out any jitters and keeps my mind clear - it’s a relatively common combination, that said though, it might just be Soylent that has L-Thea’ in their caffeinated line.

1 Like

I couldn’t find the ingredients label when I was trying to order it.
I think it might be a nice version of iced coffee in the summer, every-now-&-then.

Yes, theanine is a great nootropic and there are others too. But Coffee Huel is Huel blened with roasted coffee. Adding other things like this is not what most people want.

The ingredients labels are here (scroll down a little)

Coffee label isnt on the se.huel.com so you know

1 Like

Thanks for the links James.

Can’t wait to try this - the nutrition looks good.

1 Like

We’re a little behind on the European sites - it will be soon

1 Like

I don’t like the taste of coffee (I suspect I’m a super-taster) but still drink 2 Espressi a day for the health benefits plus it staves off hunger!

Thanks. Coffee one wasn’t there.

I bought Huel with great expectation,but I am finding it really hard to take it. Two scoops of coffee flavoured one with 300ml of water, I still feel the taste of raw flour in my mouth…to the extent of gagging. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Blending will help with the “floury” feeling/taste, as does leaving in the fridge for a few hours. I make mine at night for the next day’s meals. Comes out really creamy with just water.

Thank you for the tip. It is a bit (teeny) better but i still have a bitter taste to it. I blended it and left it overnight in the fridge.