Huel Premium Line

After the introduction of Huel Essential (white letters on white bag) I was thinking about what a future Huel Premium (black letters on black bag) could look like.
Here are my thoughts on how this version would differ from Huel Black.

Protein: The amount in black is already high enough per 2000kcal to meet everyone’s needs I would say. One could however add isolated essential amino acids to have a very fast absorbed protein source in addition to the protein coming from peas and other natural sources. Let’s aim for 3 g of free Leucine per serving and have the other EAAs in amounts that make sense.
Furthermore it might be beneficial to add glycine (resulting in 10 g per 2000kcal total) if there is enough evidence that this could have positive effects which are normally associated with the consumption of collagen powder.

Fats: Huel Premium will be more expensive than other products, but at the same time be the go-to product for everyone putting nutrition first. So we would have more total MCTs in this version, but also lowering PUFAs (polyunsaturated fatty acids), removing flaxseed and getting omega 3 in the forms of EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) from algae.
There are powder products out there which are really good in hiding the taste impact this would cause.

Carbs: This is where I think the people at Huel will know better what to add and in which amounts too meet their standards.

Bonuses: There are interesting things in Huel Daily Greens which could be included in Huel Premium.
Rhodiola Root, Ginseng, Maca Root, Cordyceps Mushroom, … Maybe in higher amounts because Ashwagandha Root for example seems to be quite low.
Other possible ingredients are Pine bark extract and creatine, which is not only suitable for people who work out and as far as I know there are no drawbacks in consuming creatine monohydrate daily.

Let me know what you think and if you would be interested in a premium product like the one I described. Thanks.

1 Like

I take it you’ve never tried to add creatine into a shake before :stuck_out_tongue:

The taste is…off putting.

1 Like

I like the idea Johnny. I’d buy Huel Premium.

1 Like

I’ve put Creatine in my Huel shakes before. It does effect the flavour but it’s far from making it undrinkable.

I’d be interested in a “premium” range which includes daily greens and other extras which are possibly kept out of the main range for cost or effects it has on texture etc.

2 Likes

it all sounds interesting but I guess it would make more sense to reformulate and relaunch the Professional product as a new range rather than another premium line?

1 Like

I am not convinced. You are missing some buzzwords like Ultra, Max, Pro or something similar.

I love this idea! Some really interesting ingredients that could be included. Trying to get EPA and DHA from algae to work in a Huel product has been the bane of my life: they taste terrible!

Are there any other ingredients/nutrients that have been catching people’s eye?

1 Like

If it had the following feature I would definitely buy such a premium edition:

• higher content in certain micronutrients, especially Vitamin C, collagen, omega 3, niacine, alpha lipoic acid, ubiquinone/Q10, 5-HTP, glutathione, but only if they are from a synthetic source - no tea or lycopene or other coloured compounds from “natural” ingredients, no “phytonutrients” with unknown dosages of mostly unknown substances. It should be a clean, standardized product.
  • probiotics should be included
  • largely reduced carb content, maybe even (almost) keto, NO grains (not even gluten free ones)

Note that this is a personal wishlist, I accept that other people will have a different opinion on this

Out of interest, how come you would want no grains and almost no carbs mbs? Isn’t the old Atkins stuff on cutting out carbs debunked now?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.