Huel Ready-to-drink is here …

But that would be too much for many people. Plus the size of it would be off-putting for many.

3 Likes

It would be too much for me. My Huel powdered meals are 400kc and that suits me fine.

It’s tricky, cos you will never please everyone; you have to please the majority.

1 Like

Yeah, completely get it. Just a nice to have rather than a moan.

Always cracks me up that people will happily smash a 900 calorie Burger King for lunch but then say a 600kcal RTD is too much!

4 Likes

Yes, I agree on this, if you claim its a complete meal, its better to have more than to have less.

400 kcal is perfect if is just a quick meal, if you are losing weight… But if you have a normal activity is an small meal.

What if you offered 2 sizes?

Apart from activity levels, people are not all the same age, height or build.

1 Like

What if you offered 2 sizes?

Always worth considering for the future. Still early days; let’s see how it takes off

Yes, but if its a complete meal, at least make it an average complete meal, which is 550-600 kcal and even 700.

Here in spain, the meal of the 14:00 has 700-900kcal and even more

Count with me then. The RTD is normally my meal at the office, and it feels me great, but then after 2 hours…

If I’d be having RTD instead of the powder, that would be terrible :joy:
That would mean having 8 or 9 bottles a day, I’ll stick to the powder :stuck_out_tongue:

I can see in the future a “Nespresso” that makes Huel.

There are already mild solutions like baby brezza which is made to make milk for babies.

4 Likes

Sounds good, I’ll be looking into it.
Maybe start with this to mix Huel with water/milk and other ingredients,
let me known what you think.

1 Like

Hahahahaha Huel for a year. Then I would need an
industrial freezer

Im imaging a Huel ad using that giant mix, with grandmas and mothers that regularly send freezed food to their sons that started living abroad to promote RTD or the powder hahah

1 Like

That actually sounds like an effective ad, who wouldn’t remember that :joy:

1 Like

Ad possibilities with Huel are huge hahaha

Another could be about the typical 15-20 mins of work break while the an special version of Lacrimosa from Mozart is played. The ad its like the groundhog day of each possibility of the available meals that the worker can have in that brief period of time and showing the results of each one: chocolate bar and the peak of sugar, sandwich with the poor conditions of the logistics, homemade food and the difficulties of the whole process… And then bam, a person next to him while waiting to the traffic lights, drinks an RTD in 5 seconds.

Hahahaha

1 Like

Is there a reason the RTD is high in fat and low in protein? I’d like to try RTD, but that’s a turn off.

I’m sorry, but is Huel a meal replacement or a complete meal? Is it marketed for fat people losing weight, or everyone? The average person needs 2000 kcalories a day to maintain body weight, this is typically done with 3 meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner). So 600 calories per bottle would be sufficient. If someone is eerie about about the kcals, they can make a bottle last 2 meals.

Ready to drink is not intended to be used as the sole source of nutrition. It’s intention is to be a convenient alternative to the powder when you are in a rush or you haven’t prepared any powder or any other food. The nutritional profile is not as good as the powder and it will never be. This is because, like the bars, certain compromises have to be made to turn a powder into a solid or in this case a liquid that can sit inside a bottle for months. This is why the fat content is higher than the powder. But as the intention for RTD is not to be used for sole nutrition the amount of fat is not an issue.

Huel overall is not a “meal replacement”. Firstly, it doesn’t meet the definition of a meal replacement (see this article for more information) and their products are food just in either powder, liquid or solid form. They are not targeted to people who want to lose weight but they are ideal for that. This is because the foundation to losing weight is to run a calorie deficit and Huel products make this easy to manage because you know exactly how many calories you are eating.

@airiartev you keep saying RTD is not a complete meal because it’s too small. It is a complete meal because it’s nutritionally complete. Portion size comes down to the individual. Someone who is short and small will find 400kcal quite a lot. I’m 180cm tall, weigh 78kg and regularly exercise and I find 400kcal fine for RTD. If you are looking for 900 calories “in a rush” I’d say you’re doing something wrong.

3 Likes

Think of it like your out shopping and hungry and fancy something quick and simple and don’t have time or want to go to McDonald’s or a pub lunch. You want something healthy and not a sandwich so you nip into the shop and see they sell Huel RTD which will do nicely until you get home later and have your meal.
Like mentioned a thousand times it’s not meant to replace all your meals like you can with the powder it’s a healthy convenience option so doesn’t need to be bigger or more calories. We have Huel powder for that and can make it any size we please. This argument is going to go on and on.

1 Like

Unfortunately we are not all ‘average’ people but are all different shapes, sizes and ages with widely varying levels of activity.

1 Like

Exactly, 2.000 kcal would cause me some issues soon enough :sweat_smile:
That’s a big deficit for me.

2 Likes