Huel Ready-to-drink is here …

EDIT: I put the edit on top because it is perhaps quintessential to understand the tone of the post.
This is just AN INTERESTING FACT and the final statement Huel hates EU is a JOKE. As @Tim_Huel states below there are complex reasons behind the pricing. None of the pricing is random, and thinking that way would be foolish and simplistic.

Huel%20RTD%20Pricing

Interesting to see how the price develops in the US vs the EU. So the actual final bulk discounts are:

• UK. £222 -> £170 which is 23.5% off
  • USA. $324-> $255 which is 21.3% off ($255 = £193.56)
  • EU. €318 -> €262 which is 17.3% off (€262 = £227.23)

Huel hates EU confirmed here first.

Don’t worry, they hate the Swedes even more

2 Likes

I realise you’re joking here, but that’s not fair. Clearly we don’t hate the EU. You don’t know how this cost is calculated. It doesn’t seem surprising that as the complexity of fulfilling within the country increases (USA huge; Europe huge and many different countries with different rules) the discount is reduced.

I’m not saying this is exactly the reasons, but jumping straight to the conclusion it’s totally unfair due to some unfounded prejudice you might think we have is not right when you have no idea of the bigger picture.

1 Like

Sorry, I was meaning to be completely ironical, although without having access to my brain no one could know that.

I honestly approached this as an interesting fact without really giving second thoughts to it.

I know that there are other complex factors as you state.

I am sorry for that.

EDIT1: I also come from a gaming background where EU>NA and NA>EU is a constant meme/joke.

1 Like

Just seen this thread - may be better posted here Comprehensive RTD Review by LatestFuels

@g1bsHu3lpl0x your remark to Ploschi is disgusting :unamused:

I think not caring about the environment is disgusting

Yes but you can disagree with someone without resorting to that.

Leave @g1bsHu3lpl0x alone…they are just getting used to life here. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was helping them to do just that :crazy_face:

2 Likes

As you were then. Manners maketh the man we would hope.

3 Likes

It’s not often I feel compelled to write a response on the boards here, but I wanted to add my voice to the discussion regarding the decision to make a pre-made product in plastic bottles.

Despite the arguments for RTD, I feel it’s sending the wrong message to the community and the wider public at large, particularly in the face of some frankly horrific news headlines and scientific studies about the sheer amount of plastic in our oceans, towns, cities, fields, landfill etc.

Like many, I appreciate powdered Huel as a product partly BECAUSE of its sustainability and minimised packaging. This move really does feel very counter to the original ethos of Huel, and at worse, feels like a way to boost profits by exploiting the rich and lazy.

1 Like

Noted and received. However, please do read this thread and particularly the admins responses to your points that have already been raised.

In addition we have an article here that describes how this decision had environment at the forefront of it.

Why our Huel Ready-to-drink uses plastic

2 Likes

Hello I’m newer and first went with the powder but I’m going to try the RTD next, I can’t wait to try it.

2 Likes

After being a long term user of the RTD since day 1 and being very very happy with it, consuming it at work, driving, bef/after sports, I have some comments:

• Packing: can be improved with Sqround design instead of just circled. It matches much more with Huel’s values. You could make it shorter while maintaining the same volume, optimising stocking
    and transport and retailing.

The lid and the bottle neck its pretty but seems to much plastic for me, I think you could reduce the plastic of the neck/lid.

• Flavours: Both flavours are great, for its first version is a complete success, but it can feel a little artificial sometimes.
    Coffee flavour seems a must as a kick-off healthy meal. (Very very easy to develop with the coffee a successful advertising campaign).

• Size: For me this is the key point. You claim Huel as a complete meal and I have to disagree. 400 kcal is not a complete meal is just a meal. Its not even close to the average meal which is between 500-700kcal, specially here in Spain where each meal is quite big.

Even the recommended meal of the powder is almost 500kcal (3 scoops). If you want to make it a complete meal add at least 100kcal more because it makes a big difference.

3 Likes

Always thought this.
A 600cal bottle would have me sold.

1 Like

Yes… 600kcal would be incredible… I could survive with RTD hahaha

Seriously Huel team, think about it

There was a vote recently on the forum where most people felt 400kcal was the right size. I’m not objecting to another size but if 400 was replaced with 600 I wouldn’t buy it anymore.

600 would be two meals for me.

The macro split in regards to level of fat is to high for me. Also had some lumbs when I tried to cool it before drinking. Will stick to the powder. I do like the concept!